Storyboard is a task tracker for OpenStack.
We have a test instance over here if you'd like to play around with it!
If you want an introduction to OpenStack, this is a good project to start with, as the team is small and friendly (even if we say that ourselves). If you like web-development with AngularJS, or you like Python, please say hello in #storyboard! If not, please say hello in #storyboard; it makes us feel popular.
Please Note: Much of the StoryBoard development team is currently based in the UK. If things seem too quiet, it might just be a case of different timezones. Stick around!
Vision & Roadmap
We talk about storyboard on IRC! We like to talk about the UX! We've confused ourselves by using different words for things!
So here's a quick example, with labels corresponding to the red numbers. (1), in green here, is the header. (2), in black here, is the sidebar:
Those are the words we now use. Those, and no others.
Useful Sites For Web Development
Most OpenStack engineers are more experienced in systems engineering and less aware of common web development tools; here are some sites that the OpenStack web development specialists recommend:
- http://www.cssmatic.com/ (interactive examples)
- https://news.ycombinator.com/ (okay this is general news)
- StoryBoard/Task_Branch -- how we'll track backporting work and show what landed in a given milestone
- StoryBoard/Task_Lists -- how we'll let developers track what matters to them and prioritize work on a flexible way
- StoryBoard/Story_Tags -- how we could use tags to implement flexible workflows. Or not.
- StoryBoard/Story_Types -- how we'll track bugs, features, and other story types
- StoryBoard/Notifications -- plans for notifications spec
- IRC channel: #storyboard on freenode
- Technical documentation: http://ci.openstack.org/storyboard/
- API reference: http://docs.openstack.org/infra/storyboard/webapi/v1.html