Storyboard is a task tracker for OpenStack.
The community is undergoing a migration from the legacy task tracker- Launchpad- to StoryBoard. If you are looking for details on this migration see the section: 'Migrating to StoryBoard'.
Please Note: We are a small team- based in the UK & US. If things seem too quiet, it might just be a case of different timezones. Stick around!
- Meetings are weekly on Wednesdays at 19:00 UTC in #openstack-meeting
- Add topics to our meeting agenda here
- Past Meeting Logs
In our highly distributed community (and team), communication is the most important skill you could have. So please! Join the conversation :)
For StoryBoard, we have our own #storyboard channel on freenode in IRC for all conversations related to our wonderful task tracker! If you have any questions about usage or getting involved please feel free to drop in!
If you don't have an IRC client set up, you can access our freenode channel here
We also make use of the openstack-dev and openstack-infra mailing lists for more asynchronous communication. Please use the tag [StoryBoard] in the subject header to get our attention :)
Contributing to StoryBoard
If you haven't contributed to any OpenStack project before, please start with our Contributor Guide!
After you've completed the guide please join us in our channel: #storyboard
If you need help with anything in the Guide, please contact the First Contact SIG
When developing StoryBoard, its incredibly helpful to be able to spin up a local version to test your changes (and hopefully those of others). The documentation here explains how you can run your own StoryBoard locally.
Other Important Links
- StoryBoard-Dev Sandbox
- Main StoryBoard Documentation
- Core StoryBoard Code
- Webclient Code
- StoryBoard CLI Code
Useful Sites For Web Development
Most OpenStack engineers are more experienced in systems engineering and less aware of common web development tools; here are some sites that the OpenStack web development specialists recommend:
- http://www.cssmatic.com/ (interactive examples)
- https://news.ycombinator.com/ (okay this is general news)
Storyboard Schema & API
- API reference: http://docs.openstack.org/infra/storyboard/webapi/v1.html
- StoryBoard/Task_Branch -- how we'll track backporting work and show what landed in a given milestone
- StoryBoard/Task_Lists -- how we'll let developers track what matters to them and prioritize work on a flexible way
- StoryBoard/Story_Tags -- how we could use tags to implement flexible workflows. Or not.
- StoryBoard/Story_Types -- how we'll track bugs, features, and other story types
- StoryBoard/Notifications -- plans for notifications spec
Migrating to StoryBoard
So you're migrating to StoryBoard from Launchpad? There is documentation on this process here. Please feel free to ask questions in our #storyboard IRC channel as you go through this process. We are here to help and excited to have you!
We are obviously undergoing a migration as a community to using StoryBoard. If you are curious about progress you can follow it here.
Past Meetup Discussions & Other Design Documents
- JS Meetup, August 15th, Manchester, UK, 2016
- Midcycle Meetup, Feb 17th, Manchester, UK, 2016.
- UX Meetup, March 1st, Manchester, UK, 2016
- Meetup, May 16th, Manchester, UK, 2016