- 1 Teams
- 1.1 Horizontal teams
- 1.2 Nova subteams
- 1.2.1 Nova API Team
- 1.2.2 Nova Database Team
- 1.2.3 Nova Scaling Team
- 1.2.4 Nova Orchestration Team
- 1.2.5 Nova Feature Parity Team
- 1.2.6 Openstack Volumes Team
- 1.2.7 Nova Testing Cleanup Team
- 1.2.8 Nova Documentation Improvements Team
- 1.2.9 Nova Network Team
- 1.2.10 Nova EC2 API Team
- 1.2.11 Nova Operational Support Team
- 1.3 Nova Tenative Subteams
Teams are groups of people sharing a common interest for a task or code subsystem in OpenStack.
Those teams work on a task that is common to every OpenStack core project.
Project Infrastructure team
- Launchpad team: https://launchpad.net/~openstack-ci
- Meeting: Project Infrastructure team meeting
- lead - mordred
- More information: ReleaseTeam
- Launchpad team: https://launchpad.net/~openstack-release
- Meeting: Project & Release status meeting
- lead - ttx
Stable Branch Maintenance Team
- Launchpad team: https://launchpad.net/~openstack-stable-maint
- lead - markmc
- Launchpad team: https://launchpad.net/~openstack-community
- Join the mailing list if you're coordinating an OpenStack user group around the world
- lead - reed
Vulnerability Management team
- More information: VulnerabilityManagement
- Launchpad team: https://launchpad.net/~openstack-vuln-mgmt
- lead - ttx
Rather than using different mailing lists for every team, please post to the mailing normal openstack mailing list with the shortname for the team in the subject. For example:
[API] Adding new extensions
Nova API Team
All things api related, with special focus on additional features and cleanup of the openstack api.
- shortname: [API]
- lead - bcwaldon
Nova Database Team
Cleanup of the db layer, DB testing, alternative backends
Nova Scaling Team
Distributed zones, aggregation, geographically diverse zones.
- shortname: [Scaling]
- lead - comstud
Nova Orchestration Team
Orchestration, workflow management for requests, state machine for recovery
- shortname: [Orchestration]
- lead - sandywalsh
Nova Feature Parity Team
Full feature parity for xenapi and libvirt/kvm. Includes user facing parity issues like common images.
- shortname: [Parity]
- lead - sleepsonthefloor
Openstack Volumes Team
Volumes api, drivers, scheduling, zone support.
- shortname: [Volumes]
- lead - renuka
Nova Testing Cleanup Team
We have discussed cleaning up the unit tests and separating out integration tests for a while, but this needs a specific team to focus on it. We need volunteers to help.
- shortname: [Testing]
- lead - soren
Nova Documentation Improvements Team
Clean up doc bugs, add to and improve existing Nova docs.
- shortname: [Docs]
- lead - razique
Nova Network Team
Networking code/concerns and interaction of external network services with Nova.
- shortname: [Network]
- lead - tr3buchet
Nova EC2 API Team
EC2 API Features, bugs, and testing
- shortname: [EC2]
- lead - zulcss
Nova Operational Support Team
Collecting requirements from operational groups and generating tooling and admin apis for operations.
- shortname: [Ops]
- lead - oubiwann
Nova Tenative Subteams
These teams are desired but don't have enough activity yet to be official teams
Nova Upgrades Team
Seamless upgrades for nova. Some research and planning still needs to be done here.
- shortname: [Upgrades]
- lead - rjh (tenative)
Nova Auth Team
Code for Authorization checking in nova and integration with Keystone. Planning is pretty much done here, but it will touch a lot of the code, so we could use a few people focusing on it. Team is primarily to help collect volunteers.
- lead - vishy (tenative)
Nova Security Improvements Team
Planning for security improvements to nova. Due to the large number of code changes being worked on in essex, we aren't planning on locking things down completely in the next six months. This will likely be mostly planning in the essex time frame, with actual implementations to hit in F.
- lead - rjh (tenative)