Documentation team meeting
Every two weeks (on even weeks) on Thursday at 2100 UTC in
This meeting is used to discuss the status of the various docs speciality teams, as well as general docs updates. If you're looking to get started with documentation, or need to discuss work on a particular book, this is the place to do that.
Please feel free to add items to the agenda below and we'll cover them.
Agenda for next meeting
When starting the meeting, use #startmeeting docteam to provide consistency.
- #topic Action items from the last meeting
- #action Review admin guide spec
- #topic Countdown to summit:
- Schedule has been released: https://www.openstack.org/summit/boston-2017/summit-schedule/
- Docs and I18n have a project onboarding room at the summit, keep an eye out on the dev ML for more information. Kendall will inform us when the time comes. Anyone around to help me (asettle) with that?
- #link http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-March/114149.html
- Docs project update will be delivered by me (asettle) on Mon 8 , 3:40pm-4:20pm.
- #link https://www.openstack.org/summit/boston-2017/summit-schedule/global-search?t=Alexandra+Settle
- #topic PTL report:
- I am (asettle) in the process of drafting a governance tag for our install guides. Would be great for everyone to review and understand what the process will involve.
- #link https://review.openstack.org/#/c/445536/
- #topic Speciality teams reports:
- API: Anne Gentle
- Configuration Reference and CLI Reference: Tomoyuki Kato
- High Availability Guide: Ianeta Hutchinson
- Hypervisor Tuning Guide: Blair Bethwaite
- Installation guides: Lana Brindley
- Networking Guide: John Davidge
- Operations and Architecture Design guides: Darren Chan
- Security Guide: Nathaniel Dillon
- Training Guides: Matjaz Pancur
- Training labs: Pranav Salunke, Roger Luethi
- Admin and User guides: Joseph Robinson
- Docs theme and tools: Brian Moss
- #topic Bug triaging
- Two more volunteers required to fill out the schedule for the entire release. Thanks everyone for getting on board.
- #link https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/SpecialityTeams#Bug_Triage_Team
- Ianeta has been doing a great job this week, thank you Ianeta!
- Next up is Lana from the 10th of April :)
- #topic Open discussion
Apologies for absence
- Alex (asettle) - busy pretending OpenStack doesn't exist in Italy :P The above agenda has been pre-updated by me.
Previous meetings, with their notes and logs, can be found here: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/docteam/
Public meetings are run in IRC; we use MeetBot syntax to note what happens during the meeting. http://meetbot.debian.net/Manual.html
- #startmeeting docteam
- #topic <item>, for each agenda item that is being addressed
- #link <url>, for relevant meeting URLs
- #info <info> for important notes that need to be added to the minutes
- #action <item>, to note tasks for a specific person
We no longer hold formal office hours, but if you would like to walk through documentation processes, learn about the tools, or report a doc bug, feel free to come by the IRC channel at #openstack-doc at any time. You can also open discussions by emailing the firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list.