Documentation team meeting
Every two weeks (on even weeks) on Thursday at 2100 UTC in
This meeting is used to discuss the status of the various docs speciality teams, as well as general docs updates. If you're looking to get started with documentation, or need to discuss work on a particular book, this is the place to do that.
Please feel free to add items to the agenda below and we'll cover them.
Agenda for next meeting
When starting the meeting, use #startmeeting docteam to provide consistency.
- #topic Action items from the last meeting
- None on the meeting minutes.
- #topic Countdown to summit:
- Project Update - Documentation: Mon 8, 3:40pm-4:20pm
- App Developer Enablement WG BoF: Wed 10, 11:50am-12:30pm
- Operations and Administration Guides: Tue 9, 4:40pm-5:20pm
- Onboarding Room: Mon 8, 2:00pm-3:30pm
- For more information on forum topics:
- #link https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Forum
- Schedule has been released: https://www.openstack.org/summit/boston-2017/summit-schedule/
- #topic OSIC news
- I am a member of the Rackspace OSIC team. At the moment, my job is on uncertain grounds. I will update when I know more on my own behalf. I will continue to work as the PTL for the remainder of the Pike release however I would be remiss to say that this hasn't affected us in a big way. I will be
- Unfortunately, we have now lost Ianeta who is our HA guide specialty team lead. Anyone interested in stepping up?
- Other sections affected...
- #topic Speciality teams reports:
- API: Anne Gentle
- Configuration Reference and CLI Reference: Tomoyuki Kato
- High Availability Guide: Ianeta Hutchinson
- Hypervisor Tuning Guide: Blair Bethwaite
- Installation guides: Lana Brindley
- Networking Guide: John Davidge
- Operations and Architecture Design guides: Darren Chan
- Security Guide: Nathaniel Dillon
- Training Guides: Matjaz Pancur
- Training labs: Pranav Salunke, Roger Luethi
- Admin and User guides: Joseph Robinson
- Docs theme and tools: Brian Moss
- #topic Bug triaging
- One more volunteer required (14 Aug - 28 Aug) to fill out the schedule for the entire release. Thanks everyone for getting on board.
- #link https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/SpecialityTeams#Bug_Triage_Team
- Alex's report: Overall, went well. Few nova related bugs being looked at by the nova CPL. bmoss is currently looking looking into this one: https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1683585 The guide indicates that endpoints should be created without specifying the port number, which is causing some issues.
- Next up is Chason (chen.xing) for the 24 Apr - 8 May
- #topic Open discussion
Apologies for absence
Previous meetings, with their notes and logs, can be found here: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/docteam/
Public meetings are run in IRC; we use MeetBot syntax to note what happens during the meeting. http://meetbot.debian.net/Manual.html
- #startmeeting docteam
- #topic <item>, for each agenda item that is being addressed
- #link <url>, for relevant meeting URLs
- #info <info> for important notes that need to be added to the minutes
- #action <item>, to note tasks for a specific person
We no longer hold formal office hours, but if you would like to walk through documentation processes, learn about the tools, or report a doc bug, feel free to come by the IRC channel at #openstack-doc at any time. You can also open discussions by emailing the email@example.com mailing list.