Nova Bugs Team
This is the weekly Nova Bugs Team meeting to maintain Nova's bug list: https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova
Contact: Augustina Ragwitz (auggy), Timofey Durakov (tdurakov)
US Meeting Chair: auggy
EU Meeting Chair: tdurakov
The IRC channel for daily communication:
Next meeting dates
- October 4th (Tuesday) 1800 UTC,
- October 11th (Tuesday) 0800 UTC,
- October 8th (Tuesday) 1800 UTC,
- October 25th (Tuesday) 0800 UTC,
- This meeting might be cancelled due to the OpenStack Summit happening this week
Agenda for next meeting
- Current Stats
- Mailing List Discussions
- Upcoming Important Dates (bug triage day, RC-phase starts, ...)
- cleanups based on based on http://126.96.36.199:8082/bugs-dashboard.html
- volunteers for the rotating bug-skimming-duty: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova/BugTriage#Weekly_bug_skimming_duty
- Bug Queue Discussions
- Add your name and a link if you have an administrative question or want feedback on a bug you updated.
- ($irc_name) $bug_report_link | $discussion_summary
- Urgent Bug Fixes
- Add a link if you have any urgent bug fixes that need attention (>2 weeks no review; has proper testing, gate checks give +1, reviewer comments are addressed)
- Open Discussion
- New to the team? Introduce yourself!
- All new bugs
- Best search for bug skimming. Some of these need to be skimmed. Any bugs that can't be confirmed need to be tagged as "needs-attention".
- Untagged bugs
- Bugs that need to be skimmed. Not the best search for skimming because the list won't include anything tagged by the owner or that includes other projects where the bug may have been tagged.
- Potentially stale bugs
- If the assignee has not submitted a patch in 2 weeks, leave a comment informing the assignee that if they have a patch in review, they need to link it and they can update the bug back to "In Progress" and assign it to themselves. Mark as "Confirmed" and remove the assignee.
- Incomplete bugs
- Make sure the bug is truly in an INCOMPLETE state, it's possible the state was never updated after the requester provided the missing info. If the bug is truly INCOMPLETE and has been so for more than 30 days, mark as WONTFIX.
- Official bug tags
Process / Docs
- The Nova bug tagging process: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova/BugTriage
- General OpenStack process (Note the definition of priorities): https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/BugTriage
- Bug Filing Recommendations: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/BugFilingRecommendations