Nova Bugs Team
This is the weekly Nova Bugs Team meeting to maintain Nova's bug list: https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova
Contact: Maciej Szankin (macsz)
US Meeting Chair: macsz
The IRC channel for daily communication:
Next meeting dates
- March 7th (Tuesday) 1800 UTC
- March 21st (Tuesday) 1800 UTC
Agenda for next meeting
- Bug Coordinator role for Pike
- Bug Queue Discussions
- Add your name and a link if you have an administrative question or want feedback on a bug you updated.
- ($irc_name) $bug_report_link | $discussion_summary
- Current Bug Fixes
- Are you working on a bug fix? Share the link below!
- (auggy): Work item opportunity: getting bug dashboard into infra
- Do you have bug fixes that need attention? Share the link below! (>2 weeks no review; has proper testing, gate checks give +1, reviewer comments are addressed)
- Open Discussion
- New to the team? Introduce yourself!
- All new bugs
- Best search for bug skimming. Some of these need to be skimmed. Any bugs that can't be confirmed need to be tagged as "needs-attention".
- Untagged bugs
- Bugs that need to be skimmed. Not the best search for skimming because the list won't include anything tagged by the owner or that includes other projects where the bug may have been tagged.
- Potentially stale bugs
- If the assignee has not submitted a patch in 2 weeks, leave a comment informing the assignee that if they have a patch in review, they need to link it and they can update the bug back to "In Progress" and assign it to themselves. Mark as "Confirmed" and remove the assignee.
- Incomplete bugs
- Make sure the bug is truly in an INCOMPLETE state, it's possible the state was never updated after the requester provided the missing info. If the bug is truly INCOMPLETE and has been so for more than 30 days, mark as WONTFIX.
- Official bug tags
Process / Docs
- The Nova bug tagging process: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova/BugTriage
- General OpenStack process (Note the definition of priorities): https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/BugTriage
- Bug Filing Recommendations: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/BugFilingRecommendations