Weekly Nova team meeting
MEETING TIME: Thursdays alternating 14:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting) and 21:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting)
This meeting is a weekly gathering of developers working on OpenStack Compute (Nova). We cover topics such as release planning and status, bugs, reviews, and other current topics worthy of real-time discussion.
NOTE: this wiki page should be 'emptied' at the end of each meeting.
Agenda for next meeting
Next meetings scheduled for:
- No meeting September 13 during the week of the PTG.
- September 20th 2018 1400 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20180920T140000)
- September 27th 2018 2100 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20180927T210000)
Where you see "?" feel free to just edit the wiki and add your item.
Here is the agenda for the next meeting:
- Release News
- #link Stein release schedule: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova/Stein_Release_Schedule
- #link Stein runway etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-runways-stein
- #link runway #1: Resource retrieving: add changes-before filter (brinzhang) [END: 2018-10-01] ; patch is the gate queue
- #link runway #2: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/api-extensions-merge-stein (gmann) [END: 2018-10-03] ; one patch left #link https://review.openstack.org/#/c/603831/
- #link runway #3: <empty>
- Bugs (stuck/critical)
- Critical bugs
- #link 65 new untriaged bugs (up 15 since the last meeting): https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bugs?search=Search&field.status=New
- #link 24 untagged untriaged bugs (up 14 since the last meeting): https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bugs?field.tag=-*&field.status%3Alist=NEW
- #link bug triage how-to: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova/BugTriage#Tags
- #help need help with bug triage
- Gate status
- #link check queue gate status http://status.openstack.org/elastic-recheck/index.html
- 3rd party CI
- #link 3rd party CI status http://ci-watch.tintri.com/project?project=nova&time=7+days
- #link Forum session topic call for presentations is due Sept 26: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-forum-stein
- #link Stein Subteam Patches n Bugs: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stein-nova-subteam-tracking
- #link Stein PTG planning: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-ptg-stein
- #link Rocky retrospective for the PTG: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-rocky-retrospective
- Stable branch status:
- #link stable/rocky: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/rocky,n,z
- #link stable/queens: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/queens,n,z
- #link stable/pike: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/pike,n,z
- #link stable/ocata: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/ocata,n,z
- Subteam Highlights
- Cells v2 (dansmith)
- Scheduler (efried)
- Notification (gibi)
- API (gmann)
- No API office hour this week.
- Added the API cleanup items in spec. need Feedback on those -https://review.openstack.org/#/c/603969/
- Stuck Reviews
- Please note "stuck review" means a review where there is some disagreement that needs resolving. Its not for reviews that just haven't had attention, except for exceptional cases. Where you see "?" feel free to just edit the wiki and add your item.
- Open discussion
- (gibi): seeking for approval of the specless bp https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/use-nested-allocation-candidates
There are also some Nova subteam meetings. See Nova#Active_Sub-teams: for details.