Weekly Nova team meeting
MEETING TIME: Thursdays alternating 14:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting) and 21:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting)
This meeting is a weekly gathering of developers working on OpenStack Compute (Nova). We cover topics such as release planning and status, bugs, reviews, and other current topics worthy of real-time discussion.
NOTE: this wiki page should be 'emptied' at the end of each meeting.
Agenda for next meeting
Next meetings scheduled for:
- March 30th 2017 2100 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20170330T210000)
- April 6th 2017 2100 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20170406T140000)
- April 13th 2017 2100 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20170413T210000)
Where you see "?" feel free to just edit the wiki and add your item.
Here is the agenda for the next meeting:
- Release News
- #link Pike release schedule: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova/Pike_Release_Schedule
- #info Blueprints: 59 targeted, 39 approved, 1 completed
- #info Open spec reviews: 109 (down 2 from last week)
- Bugs (stuck/critical)
- #help Our backlog of new untriaged bugs is high. Need help with triage of new bugs.
- Critical bugs
- Gate status
- #link check queue gate status http://status.openstack.org/elastic-recheck/index.html
- 3rd party CI
- #link 3rd party CI status http://ci-watch.tintri.com/project?project=nova&time=7+days
- #info Spec review sprint is April 4
- #info Spec freeze is April 13
- #link Pike Review Priorities etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/pike-nova-priorities-tracking
- #link Forum planning: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Forum/Boston2017
- #link https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/BOS-Nova-brainstorming Forum discussion planning for nova (add your name if you are going)
- #info EOD April 2: deadline for Forum topic submission: http://forumtopics.openstack.org/
- Stable branch status: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stable-tracker
- stable/ocata: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/ocata,n,z
- stable/newton: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/newton,n,z
- stable/mitaka: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/mitaka,n,z
- Subteam Highlights
- Cells v2 (dansmith)
- Scheduler (edleafe)
- Live Migration (tdurakov)
- API (sdague/alex_xu)
- Good progress on policy doc https://review.openstack.org/#/q/project:openstack/nova+branch:master+topic:bp/policy-docs
- Other two specs still need more review https://review.openstack.org/433037 and https://review.openstack.org/427872
- The patch for removing stevedore is ready https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:master+topic:bp/api-no-more-extensions-pike. The whole plan is in the etherpad https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/api-no-more-extensions-pike
- Discuss the nova api via web-servers. sdague think the uwsgi stuff should be sorted in devstack before cutting over anyway
- SR-IOV/PCI (moshele)
- Notification (gibi)
- We spent most of the meeting time on https://review.openstack.org/#/c/448779 Add BDM to InstancePayload which is needed for Searchlight. It would be good to get some eyes at least on the extra db query part https://review.openstack.org/#/c/448779/9/nova/compute/utils.py@217
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/428260/ Short circuit notifications when not enabled patch finally got the missing test coverage so it is complete now.
- At some point we need to talk about the soft- and force-delete complication in https://review.openstack.org/#/c/443764/1/nova/compute/api.py@1868
- PowerVM (efried, thorst)
- Cinder (mriedem, johnthetubaguy, ildikov) - John's spec is merged; review focus is on detach refactor https://review.openstack.org/#/c/439520/
- Stuck Reviews
- Please note "stuck review" means a review where there is some disagreement that needs resolving. Its not for reviews that just haven't had attention, except for exceptional cases. Where you see "?" feel free to just edit the wiki and add your item.
- Any stuck code reviews to discuss:
- Open discussion
There are also some Nova subteam meetings. See Nova#Active_Sub-teams: for details.