Weekly Nova team meeting
MEETING TIME: Thursdays alternating 14:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting) and 21:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting)
This meeting is a weekly gathering of developers working on OpenStack Compute (Nova). We cover topics such as release planning and status, bugs, reviews, and other current topics worthy of real-time discussion.
NOTE: this wiki page should be 'emptied' at the end of each meeting.
Agenda for next meeting
Next meetings scheduled for:
- March 3rd 2016 2100 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20160303T210000)
- March 10th 2016 1400 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20160310T140000)
Add your IRC nick to this list to be pinged at the start of the meeting:
adrian_otto akuriata alevine alexpilotti aloga andreykurilin anteaya artom auggy
bauzas belliott belmoreira bobball cburgess claudiub danpb dguitarbite _diana_
diana_clarke dims duncant edleafe efried flip214 funzo garyk gcb gjayavelu
irina_pov jaypipes jcookekhugen jgrimm jichen jlvillal jroll kashyap klindgren
krtaylor lbelivea lxsli macsz markus_z mdorman med_ mikal mjturek mnestratov
moshele mrda nagyz ndipanov neiljerram nic Nisha PaulMurray raildo rgeragnov
sc68cal scottda sdague sileht sorrison swamireddy thomasem thorst tjones tonyb
tpatil tpatzig xyang
Please note "stuck review" means a review where there is some disagreement that needs resolving. Its not for reviews that just haven't had attention, except for exceptional cases. Where you see "?" feel free to just edit the wiki and add your item.
Here is the agenda for the next meeting:
- Release Status
- Mar 1-3, Mitaka-3 and feature freeze, Final release for client libraries, Soft String Freeze, etc.
- Looking out for release critical bugs, potential release blocker: https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bugs?field.tag=mitaka-rc-potential
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1552303 (Block live migrations are broken when nova calculates live migration type by itself)
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1549814 (Metadata caching is fundamentally broken)
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1548980 (nova list --deleted as admin fails with 404)
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1512955 (Race condition in nova/neutron when booting instance with XenAPI driver)
- Review focus list: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/mitaka-nova-priorities-tracking
- new section "Mitaka-RC blockers" has a gerrit query for mitaka blocker patches
- Bugs (stuck/critical)
- Gate status
- 3rd party CI status
- Critical bugs
- http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-March/088205.html Looking out for release critical bugs, use mitaka-rc-potential, if agreed target at milestone, usually high priority or higher
- https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova/BugTriage#Weekly_bug_skimming_duty Volunteers for 1 week of bug skimming duty?
- Stable branch status: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stable-tracker
- Stuck Reviews
- Please note "stuck review" means a review where there is some disagreement that needs resolving. Its not for reviews that just haven't had attention, except for exceptional cases. Where you see "?" feel free to just edit the wiki and add your item.
- Any stuck code reviews to discuss:
- Open discussion
- Would like to help with the l18n team, we need a CPL: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/CrossProjectLiaisons#I18n
- (thomasem): Quick update on Libvirt/LXC gate effort
- (tonyb) Testing bleeding-edge libvirt in the gate status and call for help
There are also some Nova subteam meetings. See Nova#Active_Sub-teams: for details.