Weekly Documentation team meeting
If you're interested in documentation for OpenStack, we hold public meetings weekly in
#openstack-meeting every Wednesday at alternating times for different timezones:
APAC: Wednesday, 00:30:00 UTC
US: Wednesday, 14:00:00 UTC
Please feel free to add items to the agenda below and we'll cover them.
Agenda for next meeting
Scheduled for Wednesday Aug 19, 2015, 0030 UTC in #openstack-meeting.
When starting the meeting, use #startmeeting docteam to provide consistency.
- Action items from the last meeting
- Liberty specs in review #link https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/docs-specs,n,z
- Speciality teams: #link https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/SpecialityTeams
- #info HA Guide - RST migration complete, need help with updating content.
- #info Install Guides - RST migration complete, testing for Liberty starting soon.
- #info Networking Guide - Test & review for Liberty updates.
- #info Security Guide - RST conversion complete, and live.
- #info User Guides - Cloud Admin Guide RST migration complete, work starting on reorganisation.
- #info Ops/Arch Guides - Arch Guide swarm was a success. Plans for reorganisation in Mitaka.
- #info API docs - New API tool afoot. Python devs required! Contact Anne.
- #info Config Ref - Contact Guavain #link https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/ConfigRef
- #info OpenStack Labs - Contact Pranav Salunke
- Countdown to Liberty
- #info 56 Days! #link http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/launch?iso=20151015T00&p0=1440&msg=OpenStack+Liberty+Launch+Date&font=hand
- Visa requirements for Tokyo
- ATC passes
- APAC Meetups
- Thanks to Suyog for organising the swarm, and to all contributors and reviewers.
- Spotlight bugs:
- #link https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1257018 VPNaaS isn't documented in cloud admin
- #link https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1257656 VMware: add support for VM diagnostics
- #link https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1261969 Document nova server package
- Open discussion
Apologies for absence
Add name here if you can't make it.
Previous meetings, with their notes and logs, can be found in under Documentation/MeetingLogs
Public meetings are run in IRC; we use MeetBot syntax to note what happens during the meeting. http://meetbot.debian.net/Manual.html
- #startmeeting docteam
- #topic <item>, for each agenda item that is being addressed
- #link <url>, for relevant meeting URLs
- #action <item>, to note tasks for a specific person
After the meeting ends, edit the wiki page https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/MeetingLogs with links to the log and minutes (displayed in IRC at the end of each meeting).
Google Hangout for Docs
Scheduled for Wednesday, March 26, 2014 at 21:00:00 UTC Look for Hangouts On Air invitation on Google Plus.
- Status of RC1 - refer to http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/project/2014/project.2014-03-25-21.01.log.html
- Updates for Installation Guide - would like Object Storage architecture diagram, discussed heat and ceilometer arch, might mention MongoDB for ceilometer)
- Appendix for Ops Guide with Icehouse preview - Anne writing this week and next
- Configuration files with distros (default files can be lengthy but commented out so you can see the settings)
- Deprecation messages for v2 Keystone API will be more muted
- Documentation track and presentations
- Discussion of cross-project topics
- Anything else? Add here.
We no longer hold formal office hours, but if you would like to walk through documentation processes, learn about the tools, or report a doc bug, feel free to come by the IRC channel at #openstack-doc at any time. You can also open discussions by emailing the firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list.