Difference between revisions of "Meetings/CyborgTeamMeeting"
|Line 17:||Line 17:|
=== Agenda ===
=== Agenda ===
* Jun 17, 2021
* Jun 17, 2021
# doc improvement: tempest test down, need look into it.
# doc improvement: tempest test down, need look into it.
Revision as of 15:25, 23 June 2021
Weekly IRC Cyborg team meeting
- When: Every Thursday at UTC 0200 (China @10 am Thu; US West Coast @7 pm Wed)
If you are not familiar with IRC, please read https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/IRC .
If you want attend the meeting, please join us at https://www.irccloud.com/irc/oftc/channel/openstack-cyborg
If you want to attend but the time is not friendly to you, please post an email message in openstack-discuss.
Previous meeting logs at: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-cyborg/
- Jun 24, 2021
- tempest failure: both cyborg and cyborg tempest plugin have bugs, can we fix them in one time.
- vgpu support
- nova had discussed about it, need more review.
- env setup status
- doc improvement
- Jun 17, 2021
- doc improvement: tempest test down, need look into it.
- vgpu support:
- reproposed spec in nova, need more review to merge.
- pmem support in cyborg: 2 blueprints submitted.
- Jan 27, 2021:
- pending patches:
- vgpu implementation
- ssd driver
- x710 driver
- Jan 21, 2021:
- Project schedule: python-cyborgclient cycle-with-intermediary release, cyborg-spec freeze.
- vGPU update(spec and patch)
- Drivers: x710, NVMe driver spec/patch
- Cyborg-Nova: shelve/unshelve support
- Jan 7,2021:
- vGPU update: vGPU driver code has been submitted, need a real env to test it. https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/cyborg/+/769482 Test steps: 1)test discover with patch 769482 and 764450, 2)test instance boot based on 1) and another patch(to be submitted)
- do we really need host_ip in [api] part of cyborg.conf: host_apihttps://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/cyborg/+/766629
- Dec 31,2020:
- Yumeng changed her company and work priority, so she is going to step down from the PTL position and look for new people to take over the role
- Agreed to switch back to launchpad in the next release. (Brin) will run this switch and update https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/cyborg/+/764603 after finish the switch.
- Dec 17, 2020:
- review status
- Dec 3,2020:
- pay attention to nova-spec review deadline: Jan 18 - Jan 22: Wallaby-2 milestone, nova spec freeze, nova spec-review round2: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2020-November/018932.html
- status update: smartnic https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/nova-specs/+/742785, vgpu nova-spec https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/nova-specs/+/750116
- patch needs review : vgpu cyborg conf https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/cyborg/+/764450,
- doc patch needs review: https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/cyborg/+/764603
- CLl doc page needs update https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/python-openstackclient/+/751986
- Nov 26,2020:
- vgpu support: when do we create mdev UUID? at the time we generate attach_handle or bind arq?
- Nov 19, 2020:
- spec status review
- Nov 12,2020:
- .propose Wenping as a core reviewer
- .spec review
- .ping nova about vGPU and smartnic
- .other reviews
- Nov 05,2020:
- Wallaby Goals and Schedules: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Cyborg/Wallaby_Release_Schedule
- Reiterate call: 1)Use storyboard, don't forget to create a story. 2) add tags when you create a story, otherwise, it won't be automatically tracked by the board page:https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/board/224
- spec review for R-22: vGPU spec: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/750116/, https://review.opendev.org/#/c/758925/； smart nic spec; Attribute API support specs; CLI DOC: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/751986/1
- Oct 15, 2020:
- Victoria Release has been officially released! https://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/cyborg/victoria.html, http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-announce/2020-October/002041.html
- (Oct 26-30)Wallaby PTG topics: https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/cyborg-wallaby-goals
- (Oct 23-25)Changsha Hackathon for Chinese contributors and vendors: https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/cyborg-changsha-hackathon
- Oct 08,2020: canceled due to holidays
- Sep 17, 2020:
- Code freeze is Oct 05 - Oct 09, but we actually may just have 13 days to go before RC cut because of the Chinese National Holiday(Oct 01 - Oct 08).
- program API patch: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/698190/
- What to do next week? review and merge docs, release note, bug fix, and necessary enhancement patches mainly for Victoria delivery.
- what is not good with the current doc page? what we can do in the next few days? https://docs.openstack.org/cyborg/latest/
- Re the above Q(Yumeng):lack of CLI doc is a problem:https://docs.openstack.org/python-cyborgclient/latest/cli/index.html, https://docs.openstack.org/cyborg/latest/cli/index.html
- Sep 10,2020:
- Sep 07 - Sep 11 is the Victoria-3 milestone, Feature Freeze. We will not add new features after tomorrow. The deadline for Last release candidates is Oct 05 - Oct 09.
- What features are we going to merge in this release? policy-popup, program API, new driver https://review.opendev.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/cyborg+branch:master+topic:policy-popup
- program API: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/698190/ need to pull and fix the merge conflicts
- PTG etherpad: https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/cyborg-wallaby-goals
- Sep 03,2020:
- pls check PTG schedule and etherpad: https://ethercalc.openstack.org/7xp2pcbh1ncb https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/cyborg-wallaby-goals (Please add your availability to the doodle if the scheduled time does not fit your time https://doodle.com/poll/mrudbrn87vh48ayq)
- do we need to add micro-version doc as nova does? https://docs.openstack.org/api-guide/compute/microversions.html
- patch review: deployable_name unique: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/748366/3 ,
- review programming API: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/698190/
- other reviews:
- August 27,2020:
- review priority this week:
- microversion change and add arq-instance-project_id: https://review.opendev.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/cyborg+branch:master+topic:arq-instance-project-id
- programming API https://review.opendev.org/#/c/698190/
- drivers: 1) where should we put driver report? 2) VENDOR_MAPS format of GPU,FPGA are different, should we keep consistent?
- Intel QAT: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/725821/, Inspur FPGA: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/729852/
- Virtual PTG for wallaby will be held from October 26th to October 30th, 2020: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2020-August/016424.html
- Team signup is done, we need to pool the time to choose a time slot on the schedule: https://ethercalc.openstack.org/7xp2pcbh1ncb
- August 20, 2020:
- microversion usage: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/746282/ and its usage in programming API https://review.opendev.org/#/c/698190/
- Release countdown for Victoria-3 milestone(Sep 07 - Sep 11): Development Focus review
- highest review priority this week: cyborg evacuate support: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/715326/, https://review.opendev.org/#/c/726564/6
- secondary high review priority this week: new drivers support: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/729852/, https://review.opendev.org/#/c/725821/
- policy refresh and programming API patches are under development
- China OpenInfra Days will be held on Aug 16-17, we will have two cyborg related sessions.
- policy patch got comments from Ghanshyam(high priority): https://review.opendev.org/#/c/740542/
- nova operations support patches(high priority) need review: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/715326/, https://review.opendev.org/#/c/729563/
- programme API need refresh(high priority): https://review.opendev.org/#/c/698190/
- Maillist discussion on SRIOV SmartNic Support Spec: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2020-August/016339.html , https://review.opendev.org/#/c/742785/
- how to better review our patches? should we set high priority patches for each week?
- merge specs for Intel QAT driver and Inspur FPGA driver: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/728014/ and https://review.opendev.org/#/c/730760/
- review policy refresh and API Programming support: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/740542/ and https://review.opendev.org/#/c/698190/
- nova operations support?
- (nova-neutron-cyborg integration) SmartNic Support spec: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/742785/
- microversion api support for cyborg program api and project_id in api ? https://review.opendev.org/#/c/743722/ http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-nova/%23openstack-nova.2020-07-28.log.html#t2020-07-28T09:29:21
- policy refresh is ready for review: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/740542/
- Programming support ready for review: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/698190/
- Intel QAT driver ready for review:https://review.opendev.org/#/c/728014/
- Inspur FPGA driver ready for review: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/730760/
- policy refresh:https://review.opendev.org/#/c/740542/ (Needs fix tempest failure)
- Programming support (v2 Deployable API): https://review.opendev.org/#/c/698190/ (Needs update)
- Add Attribute API specification: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/738331/
- Inspur FPGA DRIVER: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/730760/
- Add Intel QAT driver specification: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/728014/ (Needs update)
other reviews are also needed
- July 9,2020:
- CNTT community supports cyborg: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2020-July/015774.html
- July 2,2020:
- real third-party CI for new drivers or other possible ways?
- Agree we support async program or not?
- Jun 25,2020: Meeting cancelled due to the Dragon Boat Festival.
- Jun 18,2020:
- nova-cyborg-interaction(server operations): https://review.opendev.org/#/q/project:openstack/nova+status:open+message:cyborg+message:instance
- smartnic integration update: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2020-June/015400.html
- Release schedule and storyboard update http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2020-June/015486.html
- Added a new community goal:http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2020-June/015459.html
- Please review and merge 'remove OPAE dependency' patches and ussuri legacy patches before milestone1 on Jun 19! (patch topics like: unittest.mock, drop_future_imports, drop_mock,reset_conf, tox etc.)https://review.opendev.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/cyborg+branch:master+topic:unittest.mock https://review.opendev.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/cyborg++topic:devstack-remove-opae
- Wiki page review and give feedback:https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Cyborg
- Jun 11,2020:
- Smart NIC ideas
- Left topics from PTG: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2020-June/015322.html
- New Cyborg Storyboard usage guide:https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Cyborg/CyborgStoryboard
- New Storyboard board page for victoria release: https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/board/216
- We should match each story with the patch so that the storyboard can automatically track the status of a patch. For merged patch, manually add a patch link to its story page and update its status to 'merged'. For ongoing and new patches, add 'story:story-id' and 'task:task-id' to your commit message, so storyboard can automatically track
- Set Milestones for Victoria features: set a deadline by adding milestone tags
- New Wiki page In progress: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Cyborg
- May 21, 2020:
- Victorial PTG schedule and preparations: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2020-May/014958.html
- Victoria PTG Topics Preview: https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/cyborg-victoria-goals
- Cross-project discussion: shaohe will give an introduction about the nova-neutron-cyborg topic, shall we make a zoom meeting(one hour?) and record this introduction? if yes, which time is good for you? Tomorrow（Friday 2020/05/22）or another time better before next Tuesday(so that we can discuss with neutron and nova)?
- Patches review(feel free to add here), I would recommend that we focus on specs patches or some important patches for PTG discussion.
- May 07, 2020:
Victoria PTG planning:
- Fill out the doodle poll: https://doodle.com/poll/wdw5cyeucayzhu9k
- Add PTG goals: https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/cyborg-victoria-goals
- PTG Sign up at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/virtual-project-teams-gathering-june-2020-tickets-103456996662
- Cross-project discussion: nova-neutron-cyborg?
- March 26, 2020:
- Victoria release planning: Sign up at https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/Virtual_PTG_Planning
- March 19, 2020:
- Doc improvements
- Feb 12, 2020:
- UT patch: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/702807
- Installers: Kolla is important. RDO is best effort. LOCI? Others?
- Move spec for instance ops with accelerators as a doc.
- Jan 9, 2020:
- Patch reviews: Policy default, Bump openstackdocs theme
- Mailing list: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2020-January/011802.html
- Dec 25, 2019:
- Cyborg Policy Refresh (Yumeng)
- Please help to review and merge specs: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/699099/. We've got a +1 from keystone PTL
- Dec 18, 2019:
- Policy popup team (cmurphy)
- How does the cyborg team want to organize and track the work?
- Any questions I can help with at this time?
- Dec 11, 2019:
- Devstack conf table for multinode
- Functional testing
- Programming API proposal review, Shogo's programming patch
- Storyboard, Cyborg client patches, tempest patches, main patches
- Dec 4, 2019:
- Functional testing
- Nov 27, 2019:
- Decide whether to drop v1 API.
- Programming API proposal review: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/cyborg-ussuri-programming-apis
- Functional tests update
- Storyboard review and update
- Nov 20, 2019:
- Nova status update: reviews needed
- General update: Devstack py3 (https://review.opendev.org/#/c/649097) merged
- Programming APi proposal: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/cyborg-ussuri-programming-apis
- Review Who's Doing What, storyboard, patches
- Oct 31, 2019:
- Summit/PTG prep: move to official etherpad?, project onboarding in PTG, update in summit, demo
- tempest parallel tests: device profile names uniqueness, fake driver has only 1 resource, self.instance?
- Remove Justin Kilpatrick as core reviewer?
- Reviews: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/685542/
- Oct 30, 2019:
- Py2 -> Py3 migration: Do we care? If so, we need a grenade job.
- Followup: Document use cases and usage models (e.g. reserve devices for non-VM usage, enable/disable devices)
- Oct 23, 2019:
- Project updates: clarification
- Reviews: Doc patches merged and new, Glance API servers
- Oct 16, 2019:
- PTG Etherpad: add topics
- Team dinner date/time
- Project updates: Not at Summit, but in etherpad. Slides/etherpad due after the Summit.
- Aug 28
- Python 3, RBAC, client
- Code reviews
- ARQ states and transitions
- Nova functional tests
- Rm cyborg devstack job once the tempest job is introduced?
- Aug 21 (Thu in China, Wed in US):
- Python 3
- Close patch series by this week: other stuff depends on it.
- Aug 13:
- Meeting time; os-acc discontinuance
- Python-cyborgclient support, Python 3
- Do we need fake driver-based tempest for Cyborg patches?
- Storyboard tasks: RBAC, Cyborg functional tests, Nova functional tests that mock Cyborg API
- Aug 6, 2019:
- Bindep: packages for in-tree drivers?
- Drivers: Specs (use cases, CI, etc.), test plans
- Checking fake driver with Nova
- Storyboard tasks
- July 23, 2019: Spec/patch reviews.
- July 9, 2019:
- Fix https://opendev.org/openstack/cyborg-specs/src/branch/master/specs/train/cyborg-accelerator-driver.rst : location, content
- Spec review
- July 2, 2019: Spec review
- June 25, 2019: Spec review.
- June 18, 2019
- Device profile: unique names.
- Format for controlpath_id and attach_handles.
- Need to close specs. See Train milestones. Past Milestone 1.
- Zoom meeting tomorrow: use the time to review specs.
- June 11, 2019
- Cyborg-Nova CI: Fake driver (tempest), Fake Cyborg API (Nova functional test fixture)
- Python cyborg client, Python 3 migration: any opens or questions?
- Cyborg specs and patches
- June 4/5, 2019:
- Python cyborg client decision: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-May/006543.html
- Cyborg APi fixtures in Nova: need an owner. See Line 409
- Cyborg specs: discovery spec, specs/index.rst, device-profiles, Instance-ops
- Cyborg patches: Why not asserts, control path id; walk through all patches
- Zoom call tomorrow for scrubbing patches/specs?
- May 28/29, 2019:
- Nova spec update (https://review.opendev.org/#/c/603955/)
- Python cyborg client update
- Communication updates: have default IRC 'hangout times'?
- Cyborg spec, code reviews
- May 21/22, 2019:
- Cyborg spec reviews
- Nova spec review
- Merge plan and Nova notification patch status
- Python 3 transition
- Any topics for Zoom meeting tomorrow?
- May 14/15, 2019:
- Cyborg Spec reviews
- Nova spec review
- Pilot merge plan: split into smaller patches for review?, db schema change (reference)
- Python 3 transition (time permitting. Trying to start early in cycle because there could be surprises.)
Flexible Cyborg Engineers' Zoom Meeting
- Where: Zoom https://zoom.us/j/7680202060 [New Zoom URL for Victoria]
- When: Usually Friday at UTC 0230 (China @10:30 am FRI; US West Coast @7:30 pm THUR)
This is engineering-focused and includes presentations to discuss blueprints and its solutions etc. This meeting usually intends to discuss the topics listed below:
- discuss cross-project topics internally before the PTG at the beginning of a cycle
- discuss long-term goals during a cycle
- cyborg discussion where a video record is necessary
- May 21/22,2020: Internal discussion for PTG Nova-Neutron-Cyborg cross-project topic
- Smartnic support via cyborg and neutron? shaohe from Intel will introduce and share solutions https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/cyborg-victoria-goals
- Shelve/unshelve and bind/unbind operations support in Nova?
- June 26/27, 2019: Cancelled after agreement in IRC.
- June 19/20: We will have a session. We will use the session to review specs.
- June 12/13, 2019: No session. Please review specs.
- June 5/6, 2019:
- Cyborg API fixture or fake Cyborg driver?
- Cyborg specs and patches
- May 22/23, 2019: Cancelled
- May 15/16, 2019: Not scheduled (will start from May 21/22 with new Zoom account)