NOTE: We do not use blueprints in Telemetry projects. If a patch is complex or controversial, please raise the topic to the mailing list using the [telemetry] tag. In very rare cases will a spec or blueprint be required.
- items from summit - https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/mitaka-telemetry-todos
- pre-existing blueprints - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ceilometer
Priority Work Items
The following are high priority items targeted for the current cycle that require owners:
Open Work Items
The following is a list of work items that have been approved conceptually and can be targeted for the current development cycle. If a new resource is found, the following will happen; if not, it might take a while.
For more information on a item, contact us on openstack-dev mailing list or on freenode at #openstack-telemetry. The current list of core contributors can be found at each projects respective page:
- service status interface
- raise details on health, message processing rate, etc...
- wishlist items
- in-tree functional tests
- event alarm multiple workers
- use oslo.messaging batch notification listener
- alarm CRUD events
- adopt oslo.db pagination
- add an evaluator to query against prometheus
Ceilometer (data collection)
- wishlist items
- rolling upgrades test gate
- rally tests
Gnocchi (metric storage)
- NOTE: Gnocchi has moved outside of OpenStack scope. It is developed outside of OpenStack but will remain compatible.
- Issues tracked at gnocchi github
These ideas have been discussed/introduced at a high-level. They are areas of interests for the users/developers of Ceilometer but still require discussion. Proposals for concrete work items related to these items are welcomed for future cycles:
- log processing
- application level monitoring
- group based configuration control - connect tooz to manage configuration and allow for better control of configuration updates.
- nova cell metrics
- nova availability zone metrics
- project level pipeline control. enable ability to poll at different frequencies per project.
- granular ttl control (project level / meter level)
- CADF event indexer - generic definition to index all CADF events
- stop using WSME in aodh
- Use specific configuration to load selected stevedore extensions, not all of them
- remove stevedore plugins out of tree
- Add more complete evaluation of the upgrade process in the grenade plugin.
- Notification and pollster driven functional/integration tests.