The Oslo libraries described in Oslo/GraduationStatus need to avoid introducing circular dependencies. At the same time, we want to avoid releasing every single-module library as a separate package. This page contains notes for working out the happy medium point between the two extremes.
The diagrams below were generated using code from https://github.com/dhellmann/oslo-dependencies
This diagram shows the inter-library dependencies.
- Blue nodes are existing libraries.
- Red nodes are modules we plan to delete.
- Orange nodes are being graduated in Icehouse.
- Yellow nodes are libraries planned for Juno - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/oslo/juno
- Grey nodes are everything else.
This diagram shows which module in a library depends on a module in another library.
This diagram shows the module dependencies directly, without including the libraries they belong to.