OpenStack API Gap Analysis
List of Nova features that are not (yet) accessible through the OpenStack API
- Ability to lockout a user for some time period after failed auth.
- Describe zones and regions (replaced with Sandy's zone work).
- Describe instance types (list flavors).
- CRUD users and projects (should not be in nova, should be in common auth middleware/server project).
- Associate roles between users and projects (probably belongs in common auth project too).
- Start/stop/list running vpns (cloudpipe)
- CRUD key pairs.
- Reference stored key pairs for injection.
- Console output (this is just a dump, not an ajax console).
- Ajax console works differently between ec2 and OS (I think).
- Metadata handler for booting instances. Not needed if we switch to only using guest agents or injection.
- Attach and detach volumes.
- Attach and detach floating IP addresses (this is not the same as shared IP groups).
- Associate and disassociate with network security groups.
- Connect with VPNs.
- CRUD floating IP addresses.
- CRUD security groups.
- CRUD VPNs
- CRUD Volumes.
Security Groups (dashboard supports but is disabled at the moment)
- CRUD Security Groups
- CRUD Authorization rules