- 1 Overview
- 2 How do I contribute?
- 3 Communication Channels
- 4 Relevant Links
- 5 Neutron LBaaS BoneYard
LBaaS (Load-Balancing-as-a-Service) is currently an advanced service of Neutron. It allows for proprietary and open-source load balancing technologies to drive the actual load balancing of requests. Thus, an Openstack operator can choose which back-end technology to use. The long-term vision for the project, however, is to provide a single API that allows a user to seamlessly move between different load balancing technologies should the operator choose to do so. While LBaaS is currently part of Neutron, plans are underway to make it a separate project within Openstack yet still under the Networking umbrella. Please see below to see what is currently being worked on for the current cycle.
TODO: Fill out
Neutron LBaaS Architecture
How do I contribute?
First of all thanks for joining our cause! The best way to contribute is to join the discussions on IRC and the mailing list. To get up to speed however, please take a look at the requirements section to see what is on the road-map. It would also benefit you to take a look at the weekly standup etherpad document that gets updated every week. This document will get you up to speed on what each individual team/individual is currently working on. Lastly, don't hesitate to ask community members questions!
- IRC: #openstack-lbaas
- IRC Weekly Meeting: #openstack-meeting every Thursday @ 14:00 UTC
- Mailing List: openstack-dev [at] lists [dot] openstack [dot] org. Please prefix subject with '[openstack-dev][Neutron][LBaaS]'
Links Related to Community Process
Requirements, Use Cases & Operator Data
Links Related to Juno Release
Atlanta OpenStack Summit Sessions
LBaaS Juno Mid Cycle Meeting
Blueprints Actively Worked On
- LBaaS API and object model improvement
- Provide better user-facing mechanism to chose service capabilities
- LBaaS reference implementation TLS support
- Support SSL Termination in Neutron LBaaS
- LBaaS Layer 7 rules
- *Barbican BP* Add a service registration feature to the Containers resource
- Neutron Services Insertion, Chaining, and Steering
Neutron LBaaS BoneYard
This page contains older content that is no longer being kept up to date. Use at your own risk :-)