- Name: Mark Atwood
- Work Title: Director of Open Source Evangelism for HP Cloud Services
- Employer: Hewlett Packard
- Location: Seattle, WA, US
- Work Email: email@example.com
- Work Mobile: +1-206-473-7118
- Work Blog: https://blog.hpcloud.com/content/mark-atwood
- Personal Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personal Page: http://mark.atwood.name/
- Personal Blog: http://machinesplusminds.blogspot.com/
- Google: https://plus.google.com/115686903235135444192/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/fallenpegasus
- Launchpad: https://launchpad.net/~fallenpegasus
- XMPP IM: email@example.com
- Skype: fallenpegasus
- Personal Mobile: +1-206-604-2198
I am a long-time contributor to open source. My technology interests include Open Source Development Methodology, Cloud Computing, and Open Source Databases. I like to learn interesting stuff and to meet interesting people, and then to introduce them to each other. I am an introverted people watcher, yet I enjoy public speaking. I am a professional open-source and open-standards advocate, which means that I travel a great deal to technical conferences and to user groups meetings.
Do you want me to speak at your meetup? Contact me.
My speaker's bio:
Mark Atwood has been a long-time contributor to open source. He describes his job as "learning amazing stuff and meeting amazing people, and then introducing them all to each other". His technology interests include Open Source Development Methodology, Cloud Computing, and Open Source Databases. He is currently the Director of Open Source Evangelism for HP Cloud Services. He has been the Open Source Advocate for Red Hat OpenShift, the Community Manager for Eucalyptus Systems, the Director of Community Development for Gear6 Memcached, and the Senior Technology Advisor for NetworkDotCom at Sun Microsystems. He is a coauthor of the OAuth Core specification. He makes his home in Seattle USA, with an annual trip to his other home in Black Rock City.