- Launchpad Entry: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/keystone/+spec/openstack-identity-service
- Contributors: ziad-sawalha, jorgew, khussein, anotherjesse
Keystone is a proposed OpenStack Identity service https://launchpad.net/keystone.
This page talks to features we intend to include in the first release.
API Spec: http://docs.openstack.org/incubation/identity-dev-guide/content/]] (source is here: [[http://code.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals)
- Auth Middleware Spec http://wiki.openstack.org/openstack-authn
- Discussion (older): http://plansthis.com/auth
- Discussion (newer): http://etherpad.openstack.org/authauthauth
- Conversations: https://github.com/khussein/keystone/issues
This first release is intended to address existing use cases for authentication and identity in Nova and Swift (and planned integration with Glance and other core or affiliated services). The goal is to be able to download the set of OpenStack services and be able to run them as an integrated suite. Keystone will provide the common identity components (user store, authentication service, endpoint management, and middleware to integrate with services.
For OpenStack to be a cohesive suite, a common identity store and integration middleware is needed.
- As someone considering OpenStack, I can download the code, follow simple instructions, and get the stack up and running to test the capabilities and APIs and play around with the dashboard and mobile apps without heavy, external dependencies.
- As a service developer, I don't need to develop authentication code. I just plug in the Keystone middleware and my service can support a variety of pluggable authentication protocols and identity providers.
- As a service, I can register myself with Keystone and provide a list of roles and endpoints that allow authenticated clients to locate me and to grant users RBAC access to my operations.
- As a developer, I can load Keystone on my machine and manage a local identity store without having to connect to an external or enterprise directory.
Python service modeled after other OpenStack services. Using pluggable protocol and backend model (see Burrow), WSGI, and eventlet.
Support Rackspace Auth http://docs.rackspacecloud.com/files/api/v1/cfdevguide_d5/content/ch03s01.html protocol.
AnyScale - runs on one laptop and can be scaled for production load.
Release 1 - Early June 2011
For goal for Milestone 1 towards Diablo https://launchpad.net/keystone/+milestone/diablo-1
- Rackspace Auth protocol, endpoints, tenants, multiple-tenenats per user
- OpenStack use case data flow:https://github.com/rackspace/keystone/raw/master/docs/design/flow_diagram.png
- Lock down API. Proposed spec: http://docs.openstack.org/incubation/identitydevguide/content/
- Extensions for managing a local identity store.
- Integration into Nova: http://wiki.openstack.org/Nova/AuthManagerSpec
New code for Keystone service.
Adapters and patches to Nova, Swift, and Glance
Tests will be included in code.
BoF agenda and discussion
See project Keystone; https://launchpad.net/keystone on Launchpad for list of links to Etherpad and other discussions.