Drafter: Bret Piatt
Drafters Email: email@example.com
OpenStack Standards Committee
The Standards Committee will be a sub-committee with oversight from the Oversight Committee. The Standards Committee will meet as needed to ensure proper collaboration between committee members. The primary objective of the Standards Committee is to ensure the various working groups, organizations, and associations are aware of the OpenStack community goals and objectives around standards and technology evolution.
Standards Committee Chair - Work with the Oversight and Standards Committees to ensure the message being delivered in the various working groups is in alignment with the long term goals for OpenStack. Additional duties for the committee chair:
- Provide a session at each Design Summit that covers the updates from the prior 6 months with the opportunity for the community to provide feedback and maps out goals or plans for the next 6 months through input from the community.
- Facilitate the on-boarding of new committee members into the organization they’ll be participating in
- Providing a monthly standards update to the OpenStack project community
Standards Committee Member – Each member will represent OpenStack with one or more standards organizations. Responsible for summarizing the activities of the working group they participate in on a no more often than a weekly basis (if the group meets more than once or has significant activity during a week); up to a maximum of a monthly basis (if the group is not highly active and a month worth of updates would still qualify as a summary). Additional duties for the committee members:
- Participate in the development and ongoing evolution of the OpenStack standards goals and objectives.
- Provide an update for each Design Summit on how the goals and objectives of organizations they participate in align with the goals and objectives outlined by the OpenStack community.
- Recommend events held by the organization they participate in to the OpenStack Community team.
With an open and collaborative community, OpenStack would like to have a representative active in the following associations, forums, institutes, consortia, or working groups:
- Cloud Security Alliance
- DMTF (Distributed Management Task Force)
- OGF (Open Grid Forum)
- SNIA (Storage Networking Industry Association)
- ACCA (Asia Cloud Computing Association)
- OASIS (Organization for the Advancement of Structured Information Standards)
- IETF (Internet Engineering Task Force)
- ETSI (European Telecommunications Standards Institute)
- OMG (Object Management Group)
- OCC (Open Cloud Consortium)
- TM Forum (Telecommunications Management Forum)
- ARTS (Association for Retail Technology Standards)