Board of Directors - March 4, 2014 Meeting
The OpenStack Foundation Board of Directors will meet face to face at 9:00am - 5pm pacific on March 4, 2014. A big thank you to Mark Radcliffe and his staff for hosting our meeting and lunch!
- Address: DLA Piper LLP (US), 2000 University Avenue, East Palo Alto, CA 94303, Conference Room 102
- Conference room 102 is in the hallway directly behind the first floor reception area on the left.
- There is guest parking behind the building; guests can enter the building through the back door.
- There is no BART station in Palo Alto at this time. There is a CalTrain station at the other end of town which would require a taxi ride to get to the office which is alongside Highway 101 at the east side of town.
The objective and focus of this meeting is to define and develop with assigned activities and actions the Board priorities for 2014. The January 30th Board meeting presented the current committee and work group efforts. The majority of the time at this meeting will be to focus on new strategic topics with the later part of the meeting aligning the current efforts with new approved efforts, defining the activities and actions.
Agenda - This Agenda is a work in progress and is subject to dramatic change, deletions and additions
- * Minutes recorded by Mark Radcliffe
- * Lunch Conference Room 102
Call To Order
- Roll Call
- Approve minutes from January 30th board meeting
Executive Director Update - Jonathan
- 2014 Objectives
Proposals: New Strategic Topics
- OpenStack consistency and interoperability
Reaffirm top level goals, reminder of the market requirements, the marketplace message
- DefCore - Update and TCUP Demo
- third-party testing initiative - Boris
Proposal to develop a program in support of OpenStack Drivers.
- Addressing the Operator Key Enhancements - Tim
From the recent operator mini-summit, we expect to prepare a key set of enhancements. The feedback from the March 3rd meeting will be presented along with discussion on how to address the required improvements.
- Embracing the End User - Chris and Vish
As more OpenStack-powered clouds become available, there are a growing number of "end users" of these clouds that have very different concerns than the operators of those clouds. While User Committee has done a fantastic job of representing the interests of those using OpenStack to build and operate public and private clouds, the success of OpenStack will increasingly require a greater focus on the concerns of end users of the clouds powered by OpenStack. We propose assembling a small group to develop a proposal to be presented at the upcoming board meeting to address this growing need.
- Adoption: Addressing market segments / emerging use cases
- OpenStack for Telcos
- NFV - propose how OpenStack members can engage in this area, identify common things that can be developed into OpenStack - Toby
- Multi DataCenter OpenStack
- Scalability Requirements
- OpenStack for Telcos
- Proposal for a Strategy Committee - John
Preparations for a joint Board and TC meeting