Board of Directors - October 15, 2012 Meeting
The OpenStack Foundation Board of Directors will meet at 11:00am - 5pm PDT on October 15, 2012. Directors may participate in person or remotely via conference dial-in. Audio from the meeting will also be webcast to the community.
Conference call information
The meeting will be at the OpenStack Summit venue, the San Diego Manchester Grand Hyatt in the Del Mar room.
To join the online meeting (Now from mobile devices!)
1. Go to https://openstack.webex.com/openstack/j.php?ED=206774562&UID=1451420772&RT=MiM3 2. If requested, enter your name and email address. 3. If a password is required, enter the meeting password: (This meeting does not require a password.) 4. Click "Join".
To view in other time zones or languages, please click the link: https://openstack.webex.com/openstack/j.php?ED=206774562&UID=1451420772&ORT=MiM3
To join the audio conference only
To receive a call back, provide your phone number when you join the meeting, or call the number below and enter the access code. Call-in toll number (US/Canada): 1-650-479-3207 Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-855-244-8681
Having trouble dialing in? Try these backup numbers: Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-855-244-8681 Call-in toll number (US/Canada): 1-650-479-3207 Global call-in numbers: https://openstack.webex.com/openstack/globalcallin.php?serviceType=MC&ED=206774562&tollFree=1 Toll-free dialing restrictions: http://www.webex.com/pdf/tollfree_restrictions.pdf
Access code:924 652 338
1. Go to https://openstack.webex.com/openstack/mc 2. On the left navigation bar, click "Support".
Items on the agenda should contain a topic description, topic owner and time needed for the topic
- 11:00-11:15 - Set up and roll call - Alan Clark
- 11:15-12:00 - Antitrust review - DLA Piper
- 12:00-12:30 - Board meeting operations - Alan Clark, Rob Hirschfeld
- 13:00-14:00 - Procedural approvals
- Minutes for review - Alan Clark
- Approve Bylaws amendment to clarify Active Technical Contributor definition - Jonathan Bryce
- Approve Technical Committee Chair - Jonathan Bryce
- Appoint Legal Committee members - Jonathan Bryce
- Documentation license - Jonathan Bryce
- 14:00-15:00 - Management update - Jonathan Bryce, Mark Collier
- Update and plans
- Finance update
- Signing authority update
- Accounting firm approval
- 15:00-15:30 - Review Gold member applications
- 15:30-16:30 - Discussion items
- January election plans
- Discuss proposal for certification program
- Review trademark policy
- Review mechanism for approving and publishing minutes
- 16:30-17:00 - Executive session
- As outlined within the bylaws, topics for this session may involve discussion of potential member candidacy, sensitive personnel information or topics necessary to protect attorney-client privilege. Agenda items for the executive session will not be published.
The Secretary will publish official minutes from its meetings once they have been reviewed and approved by the Board.
- Create a board meeting schedule for 2013 publishing the dates/times (owner: Alan/Jonathan)
- Directors and Officers Insurance (owner: Jonathan)
- Breakfast with the Board, Wednesday October 17, 7:45am at the lunchroom; come prepared to lead a discussion at your table
- Add a TC report to the standard agenda for each board meeting (owner:Alan/TC chair)