a.k.a: Nicolas, nijaba
I'm a Free Software and Culture Evangelist, Consultant, Product Manager, and sometime hacker for the last 12 years. I contribute some resources to free software groups, such as APRIL (french FSF), La Quadrature du Net and am a Director of the Open Cloud Initiative.
Soren, Thierry, Rick and I started thinking about what it would take to make great Cloud IaaS in 2009, and it's been great to see this vision come to life. I've been involved in OpenStack since it's very beginning (July 2010 summit in Austin) and have contributed to translation, architecture discussions and evangelism of OpenStack since then.
1. What areas have you focused on and what contributions have you made in order to improve Ceilometer?
I've been collecting requirements, assembling a first architecture proposal, presented the project at the last summit and co-lead the project until now.
2. What are the most pressing/important issues facing Ceilometer?
Now that we have laid a sound architecture for the projects, we need to:
- finish the instrumentation of all core OpenStack project
- Implement the API
- Document deployment and options
so that distributions can start packaging it and people start using it.
3. What is your relationship to OpenStack & why is its success important to you?
As a professional, its is my job to ensure that OpenStack meets the requirements of our users, and I am working hard on this!