Dragonflow Neutron Implementation
What is Dragonflow?
Dragonflow is a distributed SDN controller for OpenStack® Neutron™ supporting distributed Switching, Routing, DHCP and more.
Our project mission is to implement advanced networking services in a manner that is efficient, elegant and simple.
Dragonflow is designed to support large scale deployments with a focus on latency and performance, as well as providing advanced innovative services that run locally on each compute node, with container technology in mind.
Dragonflow Mission Statement
- Implement Neutron APIs using SDN principles, while keeping both Plug-in and Implementation fully under OpenStack project and governance.
- 100% open source, contributors are welcome to partner and share a mutual vision.
- Lightweight and Simple in terms of code size and complexity, so new users / contributors have a simple and fast ramp-up.
- Aim for performance-intensive environments, where latency is a big deal, while being small and intuitive enough to run on small ones as well.
- Completely pluggable design, easy to extend and enhance.
- We *truly* believe in a distributed control plane.
- Dragonflow Introduction Video - OpenStack Tokyo Summit
- Distributed DHCP Service in Dragonflow
- Centralized vs. Distributed SDN Controller in Dragonflow
- Dragonflow in OpenStack Liberty
- Dragonflow Distributed Database
- Topology Service Injection
- Dragonflow Security Groups Design
- Neutron DB Consistency
- 01/2016 Meetup
The following topics are areas we are examining for future features and roadmap into Dragonflow project
- Distributed SNAT/DNAT
- Reactive DB
- Topology Service Injection / Service Chaining
- Smart NICs
- Hierarchical Port Binding (SDN ToR)
- Inter Cloud Connectivity (Border Gateway / L2GW)
- Fault Detection
The list of topics to be discussed during Queens vPTG is maintained over etherpad