Newton Docs Deliverables
Ops and Arch Guides
Review content of both guides, and delete anything out of date
Review architecture of both guides, and possibly combine
Move Ops Guide into openstack-manuals repo
- Gather content from Ops internal documentation
Move HA Guide into openstack-manuals
Project-specific Install Guides to be written/maintained by each project: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/301284/
Remainder of the work to be done on the existing Install Guide: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/310588
- New spec/poc for potentially automating test process in a future release
UI/UX section improvementhttp://docs.openstack.org/contributor-guide/user-guidelines.html
- Improve documentation of
docs tools/theme etc http://docs.openstack.org/contributor-guide/doc-tools.html
Add diagram recommendationshttp://docs.openstack.org/contributor-guide/diagram-guidelines.html
Document new Install Guide processhttp://docs.openstack.org/contributor-guide/project-install-guide.html
Process discussions: Who should follow this guide? Introduction of a minimal review time? Section about contribution recommendations: what devs should contribute, review expectations of docs, expected turn-around time, etc. How to deprecate/remove docs? Also define which are continuous-release, versioned, etc.https://review.openstack.org/#/c/346575/
Pull printed guide.
- Updating neutron section
- Migration to RST + YAML: sign up for a service on the wiki: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/Migrate#API_Reference_Plan
- Add a redirect to new HTML pages
API site bug list cleanup: move specific service API ref bugs to project's Launchpad
- Write tutorials!
- Work on "First Application with OpenStack" patches and updates.
Work with the Ops Guide to check for duplicated content
Check for missing content and out of date content - fix links
- Bring new service projects into the User Guides - esp. projects that have info in dev docs that could be moved into the user guide
IA plan - consistency, links, findability plus tables, code snippets, naming conventions (use contributor guide)
Docbook XML tool removal
- OpenStackdocstheme work
Create cookiecutter template for project-specific install guides
- Config option to mark documents as deprecated (assuming we will work out how to uniformly decide that)
- Match guidelines for consistent RST file naming by renaming RST files from underbar to hyphen in openstack-manuals repository.
- Have Infra team get site off Cloud Sites, for HTTPS and the ability to delete properly. Spec: http://specs.openstack.org/openstack-infra/infra-specs/specs/doc-publishing.html