Grizzly Design Summit
What is a Design Summit ?
Please see Summit for more details on how the Design Summit track works !
Date: October 15-18, 2012
The format of Design Summit for Grizzly is slightly different than before. It will span during all 4 days, no invitation is required to participate (anyone can join it, only capped by the capacity of the location). The details were discussed during an online meeting with the community.
- Location: San Diego, USA
- Register at http://openstacksummitfall2012.eventbrite.com/
- Summit will happen at the San Diego Manchester Grand Hyatt
Design Summit Topics
- Process: Development processes and tools, release schedule, core infrastructure (ttx)
- openstack-common: Common code between core projects (markmc)
- Swift: OpenStack Object Storage (notmyname)
- Nova: OpenStack Compute (except volume and network talks) (vishy)
- Cinder: OpenStack Block Storage service, and the future of Nova volumes (john-griffith)
- Keystone: OpenStack Identity (heckj)
- Glance: OpenStack Image service (bcwaldon)
- Horizon: OpenStack Dashboard (gabrielhurley)
- Quantum: OpenStack Network service, and the future of Nova networking (danwent)
- Documentation: Future efforts on documentation (annegentle)
- QA: Quality assurance, unit tests, integration tests, Tempest... (davidkranz)
The schedule for the "Design Summit" part of the OpenStack Summit is at:
In addition to predefined topics, we have room for everyone else. We have an Unconference room with empty slots, open from Tuesday to Thursday. There will be a grid posted on a wall at the Summit, where you can book your own slot to discuss anything related to OpenStack. First come, first serve.
On Monday - Wednesday after lunch, there will be a series of 5-min long lightning presentations that you can book to talk about anything you want, including teasing people so that they will come to your presentation afterwards. There will be a grid posted on a wall at the Summit... First come, first serve. Dave Walker (Daviey) will be your host and will make sure you don't go beyond the allowed 5 minutes !
- List of summit etherpads at Summit/Grizzly/Etherpads
Questions ? Help ?
Contact Thierry Carrez at thierry<-A-T->openstack.org