How to create a new Stackforge OpenStack cookbook
Please visit this page and go through the steps suggested.
- create a spec/blueprint to cover the basic scope of this cookbook https://github.com/stackforge/openstack-chef-specs
- include general view of recipe functions, any platform issues (we support ubuntu, redhat, suse), basic use cases to be covered
- Attend meetings and chat on ML to get spec approved and assigned to a release
- Example: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/140983/
- create a stackforge project https://github.com/stackforge
- assign the "chef-manager-core" gerrit group to the project
- create a patch with the basic cookbook files for getting thru first gate example: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/145120/
- create patche(s) to every other OpenStack cookbook that depends upon this directly or in directly with a new Berksfile entry for it. For example, in the bare-metal case, it was added as a new dependency under Compute, so need patch for Compute Berksfile. And since Telemetry also depends upon Compute, it also need Berksfile update.
- create a infra patch https://github.com/openstack-infra/project-config
back to contributing page: https://wiki.openstack.org/w/index.php?title=Chef/Contributing