Bug Squashing Day
- Date: July 12th, 2012
- Topic: OpenStack project bugs.
- Key objective: Close as many bugs as possible over a day !
Please read general information on Bug days first !
A bug squashing day is a bug day where all the OpenStack developer community focuses exclusively on trying to close as many bugs as possible. This can be done in multiple ways: you don't have to be an experienced Nova developer to participate, and those days are a great way to start joining the OpenStack community.
- Online on IRC: Join #openstack-bugday on Freenode
- 1:00-5:00 CST at Tech Ranch Austin - home of the OpenStack Austin Meetup group. 9111 Jollyville Rd #100, Austin, TX (map)
- ... list additional real world events here ...
See how much of a difference you make: we will graph our progress during the whole day, using stats at:
Close old fixed bugs
Old bugs are nasty. Even when they are long dead, they clog bug views and render the lists unusable. Just look at old bugs and check if they still apply ! If they don't, close them as FixReleased (if you can pinpoint when they were fixed) or Invalid (if you can't).
The best thing you can do on a bug squashing day is to kill a live one. Just look at the list of Confirmed or Triaged and pick your target. Submit a change that fixes it. Ask for review help on the channel.