Release Naming/Z Proposals
Z Release Naming
According to the Release Naming Process, this page will contain a list of nominated names for the Z release of OpenStack. We will accept nominations until Jan 24, 2022, 23:59:59 UTC.
Release Name Criteria
The way we do release naming has changed slightly from past releases. Rather than restricting name candidates to the geographic region where the Summit is held, we will now accept any name a member of the community would like to propose, as long as the name begins with the appropriate letter. The current release naming criteria are defined in Release Name Criteria
Names that do not meet Release Name Criteria but otherwise sound really cool should be added to a separate section of the wiki page and the OpenStack Technical Committee may make an exception for one or more of them to be considered in the Condorcet poll. The naming official is responsible for presenting the list of exceptional names for consideration to the OpenStack Technical Committee before the poll opens.
Please list names with any relevant links for more details. If there is a particular reason you think a name would be a good choice, please add a brief rationale with the name.
- Zagreb- capital of Croatia
- Zeus: "king of the gods" or "god of the sky, lightning, thunder, law, order, justice".
- Zorg: Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg
- Zorro: A masked hero who defends the commoners against villains
- Zurg: Toy Story
- Zachary: A biblical character
- Zorba: The heaviest and longest dog in the world
- Zatanna: A fictional superhero fighting for justice
- Zoom: Feature in graphical edition software and object use to close up on a remote object.
- Zulu, the NATO phonetic alphabet designation for the letter Z, as well as a storied kingdom and language in what is now South Africa