Transform every legacy notification to the new versioned notification framework.
How to do it
- Check the notification devref that describes the new framework: http://docs.openstack.org/developer/nova/notifications.html
- Check the existing new versioned notification example: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/245678/
- Check the example transformation patch: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/313654/ or any other notification that is already transformed
- Select a task for the below table and add your IRC handle to table. (Please take only one at a time)
- Propose a transformation patch based on the examples.
- Make sure that you create a new sample file under doc/notificaiton_samples/
- Make sure that you add a notification sample test under nova/tests/functional/notification_sample_test/
- If you got stuck you can ask questions from gibi on IRC or join the weekly notification subteam meeting https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/NovaNotification
Please use the https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/versioned-notification-transformation-queens topic for the transformation commits
The burndown chart is updated hourly from gerrit. You can see what to transform and what to review there.
There are three types of transformations:
- category: instance-payload: The easy ones that uses the same payload as instance.delete
- category: extended-instance-payload: The complex instance.<action> notifications that needs payload extension.
- category: specific-payload: The rest that needs specific payload
If something doesn't show up on the burndown then please ping gibi on IRC.