- 1 Reviewing DVR Code
- 2 Enabling Distributed Virtual Routing Functionality in OpenStack Neutron
Reviewing DVR Code
All of the DVR code can be found on the bp/neutron-ovs-dvr gerrit topic. However, if you want to review the patches that matter the most now, you'll want to read this guide.
- Add L3 Extension for Distributed Routers needs to be accepted first.
- Pay attention to the dependencies as there are new refactoring patches being added as a dependency.
- L2 Agent/ML2 Plugin changes for L3 DVR is the next one ready to be reviewed.
- Modify L3 Agent for Distributed Routers
- Add L3 Scheduler Changes for Distributed Routers
For now, the others are a work-in-progress. I will update this page when their status changes.
Enabling Distributed Virtual Routing Functionality in OpenStack Neutron
This wiki provides information on HowTo Configure and deploy the Distributed Virtual Router functionality in the current OpenStack Neutron implementations.
The configuration section will provide information on all the config parameters that need to be set before deploying the Distributed Virtual Router. There are Global Configurations that need to be set and as well as the Agent specific configurations that need to be set.
Note: Be sure that your firewall or security groups allows UDP traffic over the vxlan port to pass between the hosts
- In its initial form, DVR will depend on ml2/ovs and vxlan.
L2 Agent.ini (ml2_conf.ini)
- ml2 section: append ",l2population" to mechanism_drivers
- agent section: l2_population = True
East-West Distributed Routing
East-West Distributed Routing or local routing.
Distributed Router Create
North-South Distributed Routing
North-South Distributed Routing or External Routing.