Meeting time: The OpenStack Networking Team (Neutron) holds public meetings alternating between Mondays at 2100 UTC (#openstack-meeting) and Tuesdays at 1400 UTC (#openstack-meeting). Everyone is encouraged to attend.
Apologies for Absence
Agenda for Next Neutron Team Meeting
Tuesday (2/24/2015) at 1400 UTC on #openstack-meeting
Announcements / Reminders
- Kilo dates to be aware of:
- Kilo-3 LP page:
- Neutron Policies are documented here:
-  Ensure a smooth upgrade path after adv svc split
-  Failure to allocate tunnel id when creating networks concurrently
-  br-tun lost ports/flows if openvswitch restart
-  Security group rules errorneously applied to all ports having same ip addresses in different networks
-  ping still working after security group rule is created, updated, or deleted (related to previous one)
These bugs are in nova but are related to neutron. It would be great if we could get neutron reviews on:
- Merged  Remove unneeded call to fetch network info on shutdown - arosen
- Merged  remove unneeded call to network_api on detach_interface - arosen
- Merged  remove unneeded call to network_api on rebuild_instance - arosen
- Merged  Optimize validate_networks to query neutron only when needed - arosen
-  deallocate_for_instance should delete all neutron ports on error - arosen
-  Fix port_security_enabled neutron extension - arosen
-  Fix pre-created ports in neutron from being deleted by nova - arosen
Open Items for Kilo: (feedback needed)
On Demand Agenda
- Plugin Decomposition Status and Updates
- Nova-Network to Neutron Migration
- Neutron as the default in DevStack
- Dims needs Project Ideas, Mentors for GSoC 2015 - https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/GSoC2015 (dims or dims__)
- OVS and LinuxBridge agent configuration files
- Prior to ML2, OVS and LinuxBridge were plugins with their own configuration files, ovs_neutron_plugin.ini and linuxbridge_conf.ini, respectively. After ML2, these plugins became agents/mechanisms and the installation guide now configures them in the ml2_conf.ini file using [ovs], [agent], etc. . However, some downstream packagers still use ovs_neutron_plugin.ini and linuxbridge_conf.ini, the former of which generates the most confusion because it contains the word "plugin" and doesn't relate to a plugin anymore. These differing opinions periodically generate documentation bugs  that lack clear resolution. Can we officially resolve this issue? If separate files make sense, I suggest renaming them to reduce confusion regarding where they fit into the big picture... such as ml2_conf_ovs.ini, ovs_agent_conf.ini, etc.
-  http://docs.openstack.org/juno/install-guide/install/apt/content/neutron-network-node.html
-  https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1422038
-  https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1375746
- Report on progress of "MTU selection and advertisement" blueprint implementation.
Previous meeting logs
- Previous meetings, with their notes and logs, can be found here.
- Older meeting notes are here: ../MeetingLogs.