Google Summer of Code 2015
Link to call for participation: here
Link to FAQs: here
What is OpenStack
OpenStack is an open-source IaaS cloud computing platform. Its mission is to provide a flexible solution for both public and private clouds of any size, and for this matter two basic requirements are considered: clouds must be simple to implement and massively scalable.
OpenStack is continuously growing and new and exciting projects are being discussed everyday.
We encourage new contributors to participate and help us make OpenStack the most complete, reliable and flexible open-source cloud service!
If you're interested in mentoring for this round, please add your name, email, IRC handle and the kind of projects you're interested in mentoring below. Please ensure that the projects are official projects in OpenStack and are registered in the governance projects.yaml.
- Amit Saha - amsaha - Neutron. Specifically network diagnostics. https://www.openstack.org/vote-vancouver/presentation/don-diagnosing-ovs-in-neutron
- Debo Dutta - dedutta - Nova, Monasca, Ceilometer, Log/Metrics, Operations
- Michael Krotscheck - krotscheck - StoryBoard
- Davanum Srinivas - dims - Nova, Oslo-*
- Samuel de Medeiros Queiroz - samueldmq - keystone
- Boris Pavlovic - boris-42 - Rally
- Joshua Harlow - harlowja - taskflow, tooz, oslo, anvil, cloud-init
- David Stanek - dstanek - Keystone
- Yathiraj Udupi - yudupi - Nova, Scheduler, Gantt, Congress, Policy, Ceilometer, Monasca
- Matthew Treinish - mtreinish -
- Nikhil Manchanda - SlickNik - Trove
- Sumit Naiksatam (SumitNaiksatam) - Policy (Group Based Policy), Networking (Neutron), L4-7 Services (FWaaS, VPNaaS, LBaaS)
- Ethan Gafford - egafford - Sahara
- Michael McCune - elmiko - Sahara
- Marga Millet - millet -
- Ivan Kolodyazhny - e0ne - Cinder
- Edgar Magana (emagana) - Neutron, Nova, Heat
Students application period opens March 16 and ends on March 27.
If you'd like to get started on your proposal early, go ahead and add your name, location, e-mail, IRC handle and the project you are interested in (if you already know about that!) here:
- Prabhjyot Singh Sodhi - India - email@example.com - psd - Rally: Adding Cloud Info
- Himangi Saraogi - India - firstname.lastname@example.org - himangi - Oslo, Rally, keystone, nova
- Shaifali Agrawal - India - email@example.com - exploreshaifali - Rally: Generating Trends from N tasks, Log/Metrics
- Artem Shepelev - Russia - firstname.lastname@example.org - ashepelev - Nova, Gantt, Neutron, Fuel
- Telles Nobrega - Brazil - email@example.com - tellesnobrega - Sahara
- Henrique Truta - Brazil - firstname.lastname@example.org - htruta - Monasca, Keystone, Nova
- Shailendra Acharya -India - email@example.com -shailendra keystone,nova,sahara
- Ondra Machacek - Czech Republic - firstname.lastname@example.org - omachace keystone
- Kirill Bobyrev - Russia - email@example.com - arcadiaq - Log/Metrics
- Ankit Kotak - India - firstname.lastname@example.org - anksy - Neutron,Sahara,Trove,Nova
- saikeishna - India -email@example.com - saikrishna -[Neutron | Diagnostics in Neutron ] [Rich Network Services in a Federated OpenStack Public Cloud]
- Weiwei Jia - China -firstname.lastname@example.org - harryxiyou - [Policy-based intent-driven OpenStack Cloud Infrastructure], Cinder, Swift
Get in touch with mentors and students through the openstack-dev mailing list.
Also, you can find us at IRC in #openstack-gsoc at irc.freenode.org.
Then, let's start to write your proposal! A proposal template can be seen at GSoC2015/StudentApplicationTemplate.
Suggestions for students to choose from for their applications are maintained on the page of ideas for an internship. This doesn't mean students have to stick strictly to this list; don't hesitate in propose projects by your own. For the latter, it would be great if you could submit a draft proposal and a estimated timeline.
When writing your proposal, try to estimate your timeline to fit the 4 month period of GSoC coding. Also, take into account that GSoC does not consider other projects than coding, so other ideas (like community tasks or i18n efforts) are not suitable for this internship.
Check out for more project ideas in:
- Cinder - Look through specs being proposed (https://review.openstack.org/#/q/project:openstack/cinder-specs,n,z)
- Keystone - Look through specs being proposed (https://review.openstack.org/#/q/project:openstack/keystone-specs,n,z)
- Neutron - Look through specs being proposed (https://review.openstack.org/#/q/project:openstack/neutron-specs,n,z)
- Nova - Look through specs being proposed (https://review.openstack.org/#/q/project:openstack/nova-specs,n,z)
- Oslo - Look through specs being proposed (https://review.openstack.org/#/q/project:openstack/oslo-specs,n,z) and those that are in progress (https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/oslo-specs/tree/specs/kilo)
- Rally - Look through specs being proposed (https://review.openstack.org/#/q/project:openstack/rally-specs,n,z)
- Sahara - Look through specs being proposed (https://review.openstack.org/#/q/project:openstack/sahara-specs,n,z)
- Swift - Look through specs being proposed (https://review.openstack.org/#/q/project:openstack/swift-specs,n,z)
- Trove - Look through specs being proposed (https://review.openstack.org/#/q/project:openstack/trove-specs,n,z)
- Zaqar - Look through specs being proposed (https://review.openstack.org/#/q/project:openstack/zaqar-specs,n,z)