Weekly Nova team meeting
MEETING TIME: Thursdays alternating 14:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting-alt) and 21:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting)
This meeting is a weekly gathering of developers working on OpenStack Compute (Nova). We cover topics such as release planning and status, bugs, reviews, and other current topics worthy of real-time discussion.
Agenda for next meeting
- October 9, 2014 21:00 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20141009T210000)
Add your IRC nick to this list to be pinged at the start of the meeting:
mikal tjones cburgess jgrimm adrian_otto mzoeller funzo mjturek jcook ekhugen
- Juno RC2
- we still need a fix for https://review.openstack.org/#/c/126144/
- need to double check everything else has been back ported
- specs are now open per the announcement email
- if your code reviews are being blocked on a "procedural -2", please ping the reviewer (in email) and remind them to reconsider
- re-approve blueprint fast-track
- Gate status
- Open discussion
- Summit topics: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/kilo-nova-summit-topics
Juno hot topics
We need to follow through on what came up as really important at the summit, and make sure things happen.
Things we really need to fix in Juno:
- API evolution: ??
- upgrades (objects, etc): dansmith
- virt min interface: dansmith
- future of cells: comstud
- virt driver testing, raising the bar
- gate testing improvements
- stability improvements
- scheduler split into gantt: scheduler sub group
- containers support in nova: container sub group
- further CI work
- TODO - still building this list??
There are also some Nova subteam meetings. See Nova#Active_Sub-teams: for details.