Weekly Nova team meeting
MEETING TIME: Thursdays alternating 14:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting-alt) and 21:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting)
This meeting is a weekly gathering of developers working on OpenStack Compute (Nova). We cover topics such as release planning and status, bugs, reviews, and other current topics worthy of real-time discussion.
Agenda for next meeting
- July 17, 2014, 21:00 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140703T210000)
- July 24, 2014, 14:00 UTC, #openstack-meeting-alt (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140626T140000)
Add your IRC nick to this list to be pinged at the start of the meeting:
mikal tjones cburgess jgrimm adrian_otto mzoeller funzo
- Juno-2 is 24th July
- Reviewers, please focus on j-2 targeted things if possible
- Mid cycle meetup agenda
- What topics should we cover? There's an etherpad for that at https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/juno-nova-mid-cycle-meetup
- Bugs (tjones)
- Gate status
- Review status
- Sub team reports
- Hot Juno topics
- take one from the list below
- Open discussion
- python-novaclient-2.18.1 released to fix exception problems with 2.18.0
- we're now using milestones in launchpad to make it more obvious which bugs were fixed in which release
Juno hot topics
We need to follow through on what came up as really important at the summit, and make sure things happen.
Things we really need to fix in Juno:
- API evolution: ??
- upgrades (objects, etc): dansmith
- virt min interface: dansmith
- future of cells: comstud
- virt driver testing, raising the bar
- gate testing improvements
- stability improvements
- scheduler split into gantt: scheduler sub group
- containers support in nova: container sub group
- further CI work
- TODO - still building this list??
There are also some Nova subteam meetings. See Nova#Active_Sub-teams: for details.