Weekly Nova team meeting
MEETING TIME: Thursdays alternating 14:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting) and 21:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting)
This meeting is a weekly gathering of developers working on OpenStack Compute (Nova). We cover topics such as release planning and status, bugs, reviews, and other current topics worthy of real-time discussion.
NOTE: this wiki page should be 'emptied' at the end of each meeting.
Agenda for next meeting
Next meetings scheduled for:
- June 27th 2019 1400 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20190627T140000)
- No meeting
July 4th 2019 2100 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20190704T210000)due to Independence Day (US).
- July 11th 2019 1400 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20190711T140000)
Where you see "?" feel free to just edit the wiki and add your item.
Here is the agenda for the next meeting:
- #topic Last meeting
- #link Minutes from last meeting: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/nova/2019/nova.2019-06-20-21.01.html
- #topic Release News
- #link spec review day next Tuesday, July 2nd http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-June/007381.html
- #topic Bugs (stuck/critical)
- No Critical bugs
- #link 61 new untriaged bugs (down 1 since the last meeting): https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bugs?search=Search&field.status=New
- #link 0 untagged untriaged bugs! (down 1 since the last meeting): https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bugs?field.tag=-*&field.status%3Alist=NEW
- #link bug triage how-to: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova/BugTriage#Tags
- #help need help with bug triage
- Gate status
- #link check queue gate status http://status.openstack.org/elastic-recheck/index.html
- 3rd party CI
- #link 3rd party CI status http://ciwatch.mmedvede.net/project?project=nova&time=7+days
- #topic Reminders
- No official meeting next week (July 4th)
- #topic Stable branch status
- #link stable/stein: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+(project:openstack/os-vif+OR+project:openstack/python-novaclient+OR+project:openstack/nova)+branch:stable/stein
- #link stable/rocky: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+(project:openstack/os-vif+OR+project:openstack/python-novaclient+OR+project:openstack/nova)+branch:stable/rocky
- #link stable/queens: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+(project:openstack/os-vif+OR+project:openstack/python-novaclient+OR+project:openstack/nova)+branch:stable/queens
- #topic Sub/related team Highlights
- Placement (cdent)
- #link latest pupdate http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-June/007279.html
- #link Microversion 1.34 (rg/rp mappings) is merged https://docs.openstack.org/placement/latest/placement-api-microversion-history.html#request-group-mappings-in-allocation-candidates
- Who's gonna do the work to make use of this ^ in nova?
- #link Spec for Consumer Types is close https://review.opendev.org/654799
- #link Spec for nested magic 1 is merged https://docs.openstack.org/placement/latest/specs/train/approved/2005575-nested-magic-1.html
- #link Microversion 1.35 (root_required) is merged https://docs.openstack.org/placement/latest/placement-api-microversion-history.html#support-root-required-queryparam-on-get-allocation-candidates
- API (gmann)
- Updates on ML- #link http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-June/007403.html
- code is ready to review for 'api cleanup' BP (4 cleanups). Lot of changes, hoping it is not so difficult to review. #link https://review.opendev.org/#/c/666889/
- Placement (cdent)
- #topic Stuck Reviews
- Please note "stuck review" means a review where there is some disagreement that needs resolving. It's not for reviews that just haven't had attention, except for exceptional cases.
- #topic Review status page
- #link http://status.openstack.org/reviews/#nova
- Count: 462 (-1); Top score: 1504 (-185)
- #help Pick a patch near the top, shepherd it to closure
- #topic Open discussion
There are also some Nova subteam meetings. See Nova#Nova_subteams for details.