Weekly Nova team meeting
MEETING TIME: Thursdays alternating 14:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting) and 21:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting)
This meeting is a weekly gathering of developers working on OpenStack Compute (Nova). We cover topics such as release planning and status, bugs, reviews, and other current topics worthy of real-time discussion.
NOTE: this wiki page should be 'emptied' at the end of each meeting.
Agenda for next meeting
Next meetings scheduled for:
- April 4th 2019 1400 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20190404T140000)
- April 11th 2019 2100 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20190411T210000)
Minutes from last week: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/nova/2019/nova.2019-03-28-21.02.html
Where you see "?" feel free to just edit the wiki and add your item.
Here is the agenda for the next meeting:
- #topic Release News
- #link Stein release schedule: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova/Stein_Release_Schedule
- #info Stein RC freeze is TODAY, Thursday, April 4th
- #link Stein RC potential changes tracking: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-stein-rc-potential
- #link RC2 proposed https://review.openstack.org/649656
- #link Fix non-NIC VFs bombing n-cpu (merging) https://review.openstack.org/#/c/649630/
- #link VGPU docs (merged) https://review.openstack.org/649454
- #link Keys to the (database) kingdom in versioned notifications https://review.openstack.org/#/c/649775/
- #topic Bugs (stuck/critical)
- No Critical bugs
- #link 69 new untriaged bugs (down 1 since the last meeting): https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bugs?search=Search&field.status=New
- #link 7 untagged untriaged bugs (down 2 since the last meeting): https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bugs?field.tag=-*&field.status%3Alist=NEW
- #link bug triage how-to: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova/BugTriage#Tags
- #help need help with bug triage
- Gate status
- #link check queue gate status http://status.openstack.org/elastic-recheck/index.html
- 3rd party CI
- #link 3rd party CI status http://ciwatch.mmedvede.net/project?project=nova&time=7+days
- #topic Reminders
- #link Spec review day proposed next Tuesday, April 9th http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-April/004484.html
- #topic Stable branch status
- #help Need to flush the stable branch reviews so we can put pike into extended maintenance mode
- #link stable/stein: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+(project:openstack/os-vif+OR+project:openstack/python-novaclient+OR+project:openstack/nova)+branch:stable/stein
- #link stable/rocky: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+(project:openstack/os-vif+OR+project:openstack/python-novaclient+OR+project:openstack/nova)+branch:stable/rocky
- #link stable/queens: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+(project:openstack/os-vif+OR+project:openstack/python-novaclient+OR+project:openstack/nova)+branch:stable/queens
- #link stable/pike: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+(project:openstack/os-vif+OR+project:openstack/python-novaclient+OR+project:openstack/nova)+branch:stable/pike
- #topic Sub/related team Highlights
- Placement (cdent)
- API (gmann)
- No separate updates. Spec reviews are in progress.
- #topic Stuck Reviews
- Please note "stuck review" means a review where there is some disagreement that needs resolving. It's not for reviews that just haven't had attention, except for exceptional cases.
- #topic Forum Planning
- #link Nova project update https://www.openstack.org/summit/denver-2019/summit-schedule/events/23632/nova-project-update
- #link Nova project onboarding https://www.openstack.org/summit/denver-2019/summit-schedule/events/23620/nova-project-onboarding
- #link Change ownership of resources, part deux https://www.openstack.org/summit/denver-2019/summit-schedule/events/23675/change-ownership-of-resources-followup
- #link Nova/Cyborg interaction https://www.openstack.org/summit/denver-2019/summit-schedule/events/23610/nova-cyborg-integration-updates-and-next-steps
- #link Placement extraction from Nova https://www.openstack.org/summit/denver-2019/summit-schedule/events/23664/update-on-placement-extraction-from-nova
- #link Migrating Nova APIs to Keystone scope types https://www.openstack.org/summit/denver-2019/summit-schedule/events/23712/migrating-nova-apis-to-keystone-scope-types
- This got combined into lbragstad's session https://www.openstack.org/summit/denver-2019/summit-schedule/events/23642/increasing-api-accessibility-with-granular-policy-and-default-roles
- Another combined session around unified limits https://www.openstack.org/summit/denver-2019/summit-schedule/events/23641/unified-limits-update-and-migration
- #link Closing compute API feature gaps in the openstack CLI https://www.openstack.org/summit/denver-2019/summit-schedule/events/23665/closing-compute-api-feature-gaps-in-the-openstack-cli
- #topic PTG Planning
- #link PTG: Nova etherpad https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-ptg-train
- #topic Open discussion
- (stephenfin) Need specless blueprint approval for cells-v1 removal. Code is upstream and working through the gate.
There are also some Nova subteam meetings. See Nova#Nova_subteams for details.