Weekly Nova team meeting
MEETING TIME: Thursdays alternating 14:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting) and 21:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting)
This meeting is a weekly gathering of developers working on OpenStack Compute (Nova). We cover topics such as release planning and status, bugs, reviews, and other current topics worthy of real-time discussion.
NOTE: this wiki page should be 'emptied' at the end of each meeting.
Agenda for next meeting
Next meetings scheduled for:
- February 28th 2019 2100 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20190228T210000)
- March 7th 2019 1400 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20190307T140000)
Where you see "?" feel free to just edit the wiki and add your item.
Here is the agenda for the next meeting:
- Release News
- #link Stein release schedule: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova/Stein_Release_Schedule
- #info non-client library freeze is today Feb 28, os-vif 1.15.1 was released, os-resource-classes 0.3.0 was released. os-traits did not have anything new to release since last version.
- #info s-3 feature freeze is March 7
- #link Stein blueprint status tracking: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-stein-blueprint-status
- #link Stein RC potential changes tracking: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-stein-rc-potential
- #link Stein runway etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-runways-stein
- #link runway #1: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/flavor-extra-spec-image-property-validation (jackding) [END 2019-03-06] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/620706/ Flavor extra spec and image properties validation
- #link runway #2: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/ironic-conductor-groups (jroll) [END 2019-03-06] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/635006/ ironic: partition compute services by conductor group
- #link runway #3: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/enable-rebuild-for-instances-in-cell0 (ttsiouts) [END 2019-03-07 - feature freeze] https://review.openstack.org/570201
- Bugs (stuck/critical)
- Critical bugs
- #link 69 new untriaged bugs (up 5 since the last meeting): https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bugs?search=Search&field.status=New
- #link 9 untagged untriaged bugs (up 3 since the last meeting): https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bugs?field.tag=-*&field.status%3Alist=NEW
- #link bug triage how-to: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova/BugTriage#Tags
- #help need help with bug triage
- Gate status
- #link check queue gate status http://status.openstack.org/elastic-recheck/index.html
- 3rd party CI
- #link 3rd party CI status http://ciwatch.mmedvede.net/project?project=nova&time=7+days
- Stable branch status:
- #link stable/rocky: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/rocky,n,z
- #link stable/queens: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/queens,n,z
- #link stable/pike: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/pike,n,z
- Subteam Highlights
- Scheduler (efried)
- API (gmann)
- Stuck Reviews
- Please note "stuck review" means a review where there is some disagreement that needs resolving. It's not for reviews that just haven't had attention, except for exceptional cases.
- (mriedem): Decide what to do about attaching volumes with tags to shelved offloaded servers for https://review.openstack.org/#/c/623981/ - ML thread with options: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-February/003356.html
- Open discussion
There are also some Nova subteam meetings. See Nova#Active_Sub-teams: for details.