Weekly Nova team meeting
MEETING TIME: Thursdays alternating 14:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting) and 21:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting)
This meeting is a weekly gathering of developers working on OpenStack Compute (Nova). We cover topics such as release planning and status, bugs, reviews, and other current topics worthy of real-time discussion.
NOTE: this wiki page should be 'emptied' at the end of each meeting.
Agenda for next meeting
Next meetings scheduled for:
- October 4th 2018 1400 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20181004T140000)
- October 11th 2018 2100 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20181011T210000)
Where you see "?" feel free to just edit the wiki and add your item.
Here is the agenda for the next meeting:
- Release News
- #link Stein release schedule: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova/Stein_Release_Schedule
- #link Stein runway etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-runways-stein
- #link runway #1: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/use-nested-allocation-candidates (gibi) [END: 2018-10-04] next patch is https://review.openstack.org/583667
- #link runway #2: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/vmware-live-migration (rgerganov) [END: 2018-10-12] one patch https://review.openstack.org/270116
- #link runway #3: <empty>
- Bugs (stuck/critical)
- Critical bugs
- #link 65 new untriaged bugs (same since the last meeting): https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bugs?search=Search&field.status=New
- #link 21 untagged untriaged bugs (down 3 since the last meeting): https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bugs?field.tag=-*&field.status%3Alist=NEW
- #link bug triage how-to: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova/BugTriage#Tags
- #help need help with bug triage
- Gate status
- #link check queue gate status http://status.openstack.org/elastic-recheck/index.html
- 3rd party CI
- #link 3rd party CI status http://ci-watch.tintri.com/project?project=nova&time=7+days
- #link high level nova PTG summary: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-September/135122.html
- #link Forum session topic call for presentations is due Sept 26: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-forum-stein
- #link Stein Subteam Patches n Bugs: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stein-nova-subteam-tracking
- Stable branch status:
- #link stable/rocky: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/rocky,n,z
- #link stable/queens: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/queens,n,z
- #link stable/pike: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/pike,n,z
- #link stable/ocata: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/ocata,n,z
- Subteam Highlights
- Cells v2 (dansmith)
- Scheduler (efried)
- Notification (gibi) [2018.10.02.]
- I've cancelled the weekly meeting indefinitely: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/607314/
- API (gmann)
- no office hour this week.
- Stuck Reviews
- Please note "stuck review" means a review where there is some disagreement that needs resolving. Its not for reviews that just haven't had attention, except for exceptional cases. Where you see "?" feel free to just edit the wiki and add your item.
- Open discussion
- HPET support on x86 guests: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/support-hpet-on-guest
There are also some Nova subteam meetings. See Nova#Active_Sub-teams: for details.