Weekly Nova team meeting
MEETING TIME: Thursdays alternating 14:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting) and 21:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting)
This meeting is a weekly gathering of developers working on OpenStack Compute (Nova). We cover topics such as release planning and status, bugs, reviews, and other current topics worthy of real-time discussion.
NOTE: this wiki page should be 'emptied' at the end of each meeting.
Agenda for next meeting
Next meetings scheduled for:
- April 26th 2018 2100 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20180426T210000)
- May 3rd 2018 1400 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20180503T140000)
Where you see "?" feel free to just edit the wiki and add your item.
Here is the agenda for the next meeting:
- Release News
- #link Rocky release schedule: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova/Rocky_Release_Schedule
- #link Rocky review runways: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-runways-rocky
- #link runway #1: Add request_id to instance action notifications [END DATE: 2018-05-01] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/553288
- #link runway #2: PowerVM Driver [END DATE: 2018-04-30] series starting at https://review.openstack.org/#/c/526094
- #link runway #3: Consoles database backend [END DATE: 2018-05-01] series starting at https://review.openstack.org/325381
- Bugs (stuck/critical)
- Critical bugs
- #link 35 new untriaged bugs (up 3 since the last meeting): https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bugs?search=Search&field.status=New
- #link 9 untagged untriaged bugs: https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bugs?field.tag=-*&field.status%3Alist=NEW
- #link bug triage how-to: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova/BugTriage#Tags
- Gate status
- #link check queue gate status http://status.openstack.org/elastic-recheck/index.html
- 3rd party CI
- #link 3rd party CI status http://ci-watch.tintri.com/project?project=nova&time=7+days
- #link Rocky Review Priorities https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/rocky-nova-priorities-tracking
- Stable branch status:
- #link stable/queens: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/queens,n,z
- #link stable/pike: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/pike,n,z
- #link stable/ocata: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/ocata,n,z
- Subteam Highlights
- Cells v2 (dansmith)
- Scheduler (edleafe)
- Notification (gibi) [2018.04.25]
- we talked about the bp add-server-group-remove-member-notifications as takashi provided the PoC code we requested. mriedem summarized the problems about the change on the ML #link http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-April/129804.html
- we also talked about the bp add-full-traceback-to-error-notifications . I'm busy with the bandwidth spec so we agreed to ask help from Kevin_Zheng and he already proposed a WIP patch for the bp. #link https://review.openstack.org/#/c/564092/
- last but not least the implementation of the bp add-request-id-to-instance-action-notifications has been completed and merged. \o/
- Stuck Reviews
- Please note "stuck review" means a review where there is some disagreement that needs resolving. Its not for reviews that just haven't had attention, except for exceptional cases. Where you see "?" feel free to just edit the wiki and add your item.
- Open discussion
There are also some Nova subteam meetings. See Nova#Active_Sub-teams: for details.