Weekly Nova team meeting
MEETING TIME: Thursdays alternating 14:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting) and 21:00 UTC (#openstack-meeting)
This meeting is a weekly gathering of developers working on OpenStack Compute (Nova). We cover topics such as release planning and status, bugs, reviews, and other current topics worthy of real-time discussion.
NOTE: this wiki page should be 'emptied' at the end of each meeting.
Agenda for next meeting
Next meetings scheduled for:
- June 21st 2018 2100 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20180621T210000)
- June 28th 2018 1400 UTC, #openstack-meeting (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20180628T140000)
Where you see "?" feel free to just edit the wiki and add your item.
Here is the agenda for the next meeting:
- Release News
- #link Rocky release schedule: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova/Rocky_Release_Schedule
- #link Rocky review runways: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-runways-rocky
- #link runway #1: Optional placement db connection string (cdent) [END DATE: 2018-07-03]
- #link runway #2: Neutron new port binding API for live migration: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/neutron-new-port-binding-api (mriedem) [END DATE: 2018-06-20] Starts here: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/558001/
- #link runway #3: Libvirt file backed memory: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/libvirt-file-backed-memory (zcornelius) [END DATE: 2018-06-26] starts here https://review.openstack.org/571030
- Bugs (stuck/critical)
- Critical bugs
- #link 47 new untriaged bugs (up 3 since the last meeting): https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bugs?search=Search&field.status=New
- #link 14 untagged untriaged bugs: https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bugs?field.tag=-*&field.status%3Alist=NEW
- #link bug triage how-to: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova/BugTriage#Tags
- #help need help with bug triage
- Gate status
- #link check queue gate status http://status.openstack.org/elastic-recheck/index.html
- 3rd party CI
- #link 3rd party CI status http://ci-watch.tintri.com/project?project=nova&time=7+days
- #link Rocky Subteam Patches n Bugs https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/rocky-nova-priorities-tracking
- Stable branch status:
- #link stable/queens: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/queens,n,z
- #link stable/pike: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/pike,n,z
- #link stable/ocata: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:stable/ocata,n,z
- Subteam Highlights
- Cells v2 (dansmith)
- Scheduler (edleafe)
- Notification (gibi) [2018.06.21]
- I have some update top of the latest status mail #link http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-June/131589.html
- The implementation of the bp add-full-traceback-to-error-notifications has been merged and the bp has been set to Implemented. \o/
- yikun picked up the implementation of the bp trigger-notifications-when-lock-unlock-instances and made a good job. I'm +2 on the patches
- On the weekly meeting we talked a lot about https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1777157 and https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1777540 as it seem to be notification related. So far we don't see how can this happen and we are not able to reproduce what the original problem.
- Stuck Reviews
- Please note "stuck review" means a review where there is some disagreement that needs resolving. Its not for reviews that just haven't had attention, except for exceptional cases. Where you see "?" feel free to just edit the wiki and add your item.
- Open discussion
There are also some Nova subteam meetings. See Nova#Active_Sub-teams: for details.