Weekly Ironic Project Team Meeting
If you're interested in bare metal deployments within OpenStack, please join our weekly discussion about the Ironic project! The one-hour weekly meetings start at 15:00 UTC on Mondays (as of March 28th, 2022), are held in the
#openstack-ironic room on
ircs://irc.oftc.net:6697, and are chaired by Jay Faulkner (JayF), Julia Kreger (TheJulia), Dmitry Tantsur (dtantsur), Riccardo Pittau (rpittau) or Iury Gregory (iurygregory).
NOTE: Meeting time is UTC based and may need to be adjusted based on local time zone changes, eg. as a result of daylight savings, which changes on different days in different countries.
Anyone is welcome to add topics to the agenda. However, topics should be posted at least two (2) days before the meeting to give folks time to get context, and should include the IRC handle of the proposer and a link to further information. This gives everyone time to review any material ahead of time so we can use the meeting time for actual discussion. Requests to have a patch reviewed should not be a topic and instead should be covered during the Open Discussion portion of the meeting.
- Example topic: (devananda) Let's talk about zebras. Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zebra
Meetings are held weekly. If one is cancelled, it will either be mentioned in the previous meeting or an email will be sent out to the openstack-discuss mailing list.
Agenda for next meeting
- Announcements / Reminder
- Standing reminder to review patches tagged ironic-week-prio and to hashtag any patches ready for review with ironic-week-prio: https://tinyurl.com/ironic-weekly-prio-dash
- Review action items from previous meeting: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/ironic/2023/
- Review Ironic CI status & update whiteboard if needed
- 2023.1 Work in progress
- Review 2023.1 workstream progress https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/IronicWorkstreams2023.1
- RFE review (if necessary)
- VirtualPDU update
- (vanou) Vulnerability handling doc draft (very brief draft) at https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/ironic/+/872750 . During writing this brief draft, there are many things I need to consult community regarding how to handle vulnerability and what is needed to add Ironic to VMT overseen list. I write concerns as rst comment in this patch. If possible, please comment on these. I think Gerrit is good place to discuss each item/concern. It's difficult to join meeting online because of my local timezone. Sorry.
- Open discussion
Ironic used to hold periodic review jam meetings. They have been discontinued.