Weekly Ironic Project Team Meeting
If you're interested in bare metal deployments within OpenStack, please join our weekly discussion about the Ironic project! The one-hour weekly meetings start at 15:00 UTC on Mondays (as of March 28th, 2022), are held in the
#openstack-ironic room on
ircs://irc.oftc.net:6697, and are chaired by Jay Faulkner (JayF), Julia Kreger (TheJulia), Dmitry Tantsur (dtantsur), Riccardo Pittau (rpittau) or Iury Gregory (iurygregory).
NOTE: Meeting time is UTC based and may need to be adjusted based on local time zone changes, eg. as a result of daylight savings, which changes on different days in different countries.
- ICS (Calendar) file for the meeting. You can add this to your calendar.
- Eavesdrop meeting page
Anyone is welcome to add topics to the agenda. However, topics should be posted at least two (2) days before the meeting to give folks time to get context, and should include the IRC handle of the proposer and a link to further information. This gives everyone time to review any material ahead of time so we can use the meeting time for actual discussion. Requests to have a patch reviewed should not be a topic and instead should be covered during the Open Discussion portion of the meeting.
- Example topic: (devananda) Let's talk about zebras. Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zebra
Meetings are held weekly. If one is cancelled, it will either be mentioned in the previous meeting or an email will be sent out to the openstack-discuss mailing list.
Meeting for May 15, 2023 is cancelled to allow Ironic contributors to attend the Metal3 PTG.
Agenda for next meeting
- Announcements / Reminder
- Standing reminder to review patches tagged ironic-week-prio and to hashtag any patches ready for review with ironic-week-prio: https://tinyurl.com/ironic-weekly-prio-dash
- Please avoid running a `recheck` command bare, without any other comments. Obviously, best case is to troubleshoot and fix an issue in CI, but in case of some ephemeral failure, please just note that -- e.g. `recheck jobname failed`. This is tracked at an OpenStack level (https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/recheck-weekly-summary) and I've noticed more contributors doing bare rechecks.
- Review action items from previous meeting: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/ironic/2023/
- Review Ironic CI status & update whiteboard if needed
- Review ongoing 2023.2 Workstreams https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/IronicWorkstreams2023.2
- Open discussion
Logs from previous meetings can be found here.
Ironic used to hold periodic review jam meetings. They have been discontinued.