Weekly Ironic Project Team Meeting
If you're interested in bare metal deployments within OpenStack, please join our weekly discussion about the Ironic project! The one-hour weekly meetings start at 1500 UTC on Mondays (as of March 26, 2018), are held in the
#openstack-ironic room on
ircs://irc.oftc.net:6697, and are chaired by Julia Kreger (TheJulia), Dmitry Tantsur (dtantsur), Riccardo Pittau (rpittau) or Iury Gregory (iurygregory).
NOTE: Meeting time is UTC based and may need to be adjusted based on local time zone changes, eg. as a result of daylight savings, which changes on different days in different countries.
- ICS (Calendar) file for the meeting. You can add this to your calendar.
- Eavesdrop meeting page
Anyone is welcome to add topics to the agenda. However, topics should be posted at least two (2) days before the meeting to give folks time to get context, and should include the IRC handle of the proposer and a link to further information. This gives everyone time to review any material ahead of time so we can use the meeting time for actual discussion. Requests to have a patch reviewed should not be a topic and instead should be covered during the Open Discussion portion of the meeting.
- Example topic: (devananda) Let's talk about zebras. Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zebra
Meetings are held weekly. If one is cancelled, it will either be mentioned in the previous meeting or an email will be sent out to the openstack-discuss mailing list.
Agenda for next meeting
- Announcements / Reminder
- Tested Runtimes for Yoga - Python 3.8 and 3.9 (https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/runtimes/yoga.html)
- First bugfix branch should be created by the end of next week
- PTL on PTO during whole December basically
- Review action items from previous meeting: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/ironic/2021/
- Review subteam status reports (capped at ten minutes)
- Deciding on priorities for the coming week
- Discussion (Requests to have your patch reviewed should not be a 'Discussion' topic. If desired, please discuss during 'Open Discussion')
- [dtantsur] Situation around Python 3.6 support
- Baremetal SIG (https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/bare-metal-sig)
- RFE review
- (ajya) [RFE] Enhance Redfish firmware update user experience https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2008723
- Open discussion
- Who is going to run the next meeting?
Logs from previous meetings can be found here.
The purpose of Review jams is to review outstanding items such as patches, bugs, RFE's in a discussion environment and work through any items.
Priority goes to change sets, but in absence of change sets we should do bug triage/cleanup in storyboard.
- Wednesdays: 2:00 PM UTC to - 2:50 PM UTC
We shall use meetpad (https://meetpad.opendev.org/ironic), and if that fails us, we'll figure it out.
See #openstack-ironic IRC if nobody is around or if the agenda is not up to date. Maybe something has other items they would like to jam on!
- Review Attestation Interface and Keylime related patches: https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/ironic/+/755836 https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/python-ironicclient/+/755837/1 https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/ironic/+/803517/1 https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/ironic-python-agent/+/803510
- Pending next meeting. If you need to have an ad-hoc review jam, please ask in #openstack-ironic on irc.oftc.net.