Weekly Ironic Project Team Meeting
If you're interested in bare metal deployments within OpenStack, please join our weekly discussion about the Ironic project! Meetings are held in the
#openstack-meeting-3 room on
irc.freenode.net, and are chaired by Devananda or Chris Krelle (NobodyCam).
The Meeting time alternates between 1700 UTC on Monday and 0500 UTC on Tuesday, to accommodate contributors from around the world.
NOTE: Meeting time is UTC based and may need to be adjusted based on local time zone changes, eg. as a result of daylight savings, which changes on different days in different countries.
A Google Calendar for the meeting is here: Google Calendar
Anyone is welcome to add topics to the agenda. However, topics should be posted at least two (2) days before the meeting, and should include the IRC handle of the proposer and a link to further information. This gives everyone time to review any material ahead of time so we can use the meeting time for actual discussion.
- Example topic: (devananda) Let's talk about zebras. Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zebra
The last meeting was May 12th, 2015 at 0500 UTC (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20150512T0500). The next meeting will be after the OpenStack summit in Vancouver (not sure when).
Agenda for next meeting
- Announcements / Reminders
- Review subteam status reports (capped at ten minutes)
- New oslo liaison needed -> lintan does
- Open Discussion
- (JayF) Should Ironic modify filesystems on disk as proposed here: "Mount config drive as loop device to supply data to cloud-init" Reference: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/173142
- (pshige) Change the structure of Ironic's developer documentation: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/187056/ -> I'm not feeling well. So I'd like to skip to next week.
- (jlvillal) Should remainder of PEP8 compliance work be done? Plan would be to remove ignoring E126,E127,E128. This would be a big patch to do it. https://bugs.launchpad.net/ironic/+bug/1421522
- [BadCub] Ironic Mid-Cycle Sprint
- Location - Seattle?
- Date Range? Open for discussion [Deva proposes: Aug 12-14 in Seattle]
- (Nisha) Approach for capabilities. The changes in Nova and ironic can be done only if an approach is finalized.
The specs at Nova are : https://review.openstack.org/182572, https://review.openstack.org/182581. The specs similarly in ironic are: https://review.openstack.org/182601, https://review.openstack.org/182934