Weekly Project Infrastructure team meeting
The OpenStack Project Infrastructure Team holds public weekly meetings in
#openstack-meeting, Tuesdays at 1900 UTC. Everyone interested in infrastructure and process surrounding automated testing and deployment is encouraged to attend.
Please feel free to add agenda items (and your IRC nick in parenthesis).
Agenda for next meeting
- Actions from last meeting
- Schedule next project renames
- Priority Efforts
- Swift logs
- Puppet module split
- (asselin) Sprint planning. Reminder for Sprint: Wednesday January 28, 2015 at 1500 UTC https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/VirtualSprints#Schedule_of_Upcoming_OpenStack_Virtual_Sprints
- Sign up on Etherpad https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/puppet-module-split-sprint
- Gerrit Topic: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:module-split+status:open,n,z
- Nodepool DIB
- Docs publishing
- Holding pattern
- Jobs on trusty
- Upgrading Gerrit (zaro)
- Options for procedural -2 (jeblair)
- Fedora 21 (ianw 6/1)
- (yamamoto) Portability question
- I'm not sure if I can attend the meeting, sorry. I added this here as it's suggested that this needs wider audience.
- It's easier for me to be able to run "tox" tests on non-linux environments.
- relevant review: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/150264/
- On the other hand, the gain of portability to platforms that OpenStack does not support is questionable.
- My suggestions
- Do not refrain from using non-portable features when necessary
- Accept best-effort changes to make it portable, unless they have significant drawbacks
- Open discussion
Upcoming Project Renames
- openstack/oslo.version -> openstack-attic/oslo.version (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/141812/)
- stackforge/cookbook-ceph -> stackforge-attic/cookbook-ceph (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/147250/)
- openstack/$SERVICE-api -> openstack-attic/$SERVICE-api (https://review.openstack.org/145289/)