Weekly/Fortnightly doc/web team meeting
If you're interested in documentation and the web content for OpenStack, we hold public meetings weekly in
#openstack-meeting every Wednesday at alternating times for different timezones:
- 1st Wednesday, 03:00:00 UTC
- 2nd Wednesday, 14:00:00 UTC
- 3rd Wednesday, 03:00:00 UTC
- 4th Wednesday, 14:00:00 UTC
Please feel free to add items to the agenda below and we'll cover them.
Agenda for next meeting
Scheduled for Wednesday Jan 14, 2014, 1500 UTC in #openstack-meeting-alt3.
When starting the meeting, use #startmeeting docteam to provide consistency.
- Action items from the last meeting
- Specs ready
- Specialty teams reports: Networking, High Availability, Security, Training
- Install Guide discussion
- Doc tools latest: clouddocs-maven-plugin, Sphinx new theme
- Open discussion
Apologies for absence
Add name here if you can't make it.
- Christian Berendt (on the way to a customer site)
Previous meetings, with their notes and logs, can be found in under Documentation/MeetingLogs
Public meetings are run in IRC; we use MeetBot syntax to note what happens during the meeting. http://meetbot.debian.net/Manual.html
- #startmeeting docteam
- #topic <item>, for each agenda item that is being addressed
- #link <url>, for relevant meeting URLs
- #action <item>, to note tasks for a specific person
After the meeting ends, edit the wiki page https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/MeetingLogs with links to the log and minutes (displayed in IRC at the end of each meeting).
Google Hangout for Docs
Scheduled for Wednesday, March 26, 2014 at 21:00:00 UTC Look for Hangouts On Air invitation on Google Plus.
- Status of RC1 - refer to http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/project/2014/project.2014-03-25-21.01.log.html
- Updates for Installation Guide - would like Object Storage architecture diagram, discussed heat and ceilometer arch, might mention MongoDB for ceilometer)
- Appendix for Ops Guide with Icehouse preview - Anne writing this week and next
- Configuration files with distros (default files can be lengthy but commented out so you can see the settings)
- Deprecation messages for v2 Keystone API will be more muted
- Documentation track and presentations
- Discussion of cross-project topics
- Anything else? Add here.
We no longer hold formal office hours, but if you would like to walk through documentation processes, learn about the tools, or report a doc bug, feel free to come by the IRC channel at #openstack-doc at any time. You can also open discussions by emailing the email@example.com mailing list.