Weekly Documentation team meeting
If you're interested in documentation for OpenStack, we hold public meetings weekly in
#openstack-meeting every Wednesday at alternating times for different timezones:
APAC: Wednesday, 00:30:00 UTC
US: Wednesday, 14:00:00 UTC
Please feel free to add items to the agenda below and we'll cover them.
Agenda for next meeting
When starting the meeting, use #startmeeting docteam to provide consistency.
- Action items from the last meeting
- Specs in review #link https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/docs-specs,n,z
- Speciality teams: #link https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/SpecialityTeams
- #info HA Guide - Open review: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/235893/
- #info Install Guides - Business as usual. Nothing special to mention this week.
- #info Networking Guide - Open reviews: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/239361/ Very slow progress, hoping to speed up after the USA holidays.
- #info Security Guide - no update.
- #info User Guides - After a specification update, there is a need to provide a more comprehensive scope: a list of Core features within scope, and include research on the nova-network/ neutron migration study. Contact from Zaqar, Trove, and Murano Liaisons on Admin guide tasks has been helpful, and given the reorganisation direction. A patch on fernet tokens (FAQ format) merged into the Cloud Admin Guide this week.
- #info Ops/Arch Guides - Arch guide migration is close to completion. We are currently planning to reorganize the guide over a two day virtual sprint in mid December.
- #info API docs - Cross project meeting held this week to talk about current state of API docs, tooling, and the vision for application developer guides.
- #info Config Ref - The tools are ready, the liberty branch is set up, the RST migration is on! Pick your file, run the tools, and let's review.
- #info OpenStack Training Labs - Training-labs has Kilo patch merged! We are currently updating the network configuration and trying to get things as per Matt's feedback/request. We plan to start adding Liberty very soon and also KVM port is on the way.
- #info OpenStack Training Guides - There is interest in translating Upstream training; we are waiting for https://review.openstack.org/#/c/245615/ to merge to enable it on the repo.
- #info Hyperviser Tuning Guide - On schedule - working on changing bullet-point notes into rough draft sections.
- Countdown to Mitaka
- 133 days http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/launch?iso=20160407T00&p0=1440&msg=OpenStack+Mitaka+Launch+Date&font=cursive
- #info DocImpact specs are now underway, details here: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-November/080294.html
- #info Brian & Christian are working on documenting openstack-doc-tools and reorganising the index page
- Spotlight bugs
- Our new rewards scheme for killing old bugs will be announced shortly.
- Open discussion
Apologies for absence
Add name here if you can't make it.
Previous meetings, with their notes and logs, can be found in under Documentation/MeetingLogs
Public meetings are run in IRC; we use MeetBot syntax to note what happens during the meeting. http://meetbot.debian.net/Manual.html
- #startmeeting docteam
- #topic <item>, for each agenda item that is being addressed
- #link <url>, for relevant meeting URLs
- #action <item>, to note tasks for a specific person
After the meeting ends, edit the wiki page https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/MeetingLogs with links to the log and minutes (displayed in IRC at the end of each meeting).
We no longer hold formal office hours, but if you would like to walk through documentation processes, learn about the tools, or report a doc bug, feel free to come by the IRC channel at #openstack-doc at any time. You can also open discussions by emailing the email@example.com mailing list.