Fuel is all-in-one ISO distribution for automated hardware discovery, network verification, operating systems provisioning and deployment of OpenStack. It provides user-friendly Web interface for installations management, simplifying OpenStack installation up to a few clicks.
This installer has been battle-tested during 2013 in a number of OpenStack deployments on platforms like as Dell (C6220 & R320), HP (DL380), Supermicro (6027TR-HTRF), Lenovo ThinkServer (RD530) and Cisco UCS-C.
The key features are:
- hardware discovery
- hardware configuration in UI (networks & disk partitioning)
- ability to spin up and manage multiple OpenStack clusters
- support for non-HA and HA OpenStack deployment configurations
- pre-deployment checks and network validation
- post-deployment checks and running a set of tests for validating deployed OpenStack
- view logs in real-time through UI
- support for CentOS, Ubuntu, and RHEL
- support for multiple OpenStack distributions