Difference between revisions of "End User Working Group"
(added navigation, cleaned up emails, added link to 'user land' blog)
Revision as of 00:41, 28 July 2014
Application Developers are consumers of OpenStack services run by private, public or hybrid clouds. Traditionally, this group has not been well served by the OpenStack community, since they mostly do not actively participate in the upstream program.
- Provide a set of recommendations to improve the experience of end-users of OpenStack, including:
- changes to the design summit, and other OpenStack events to engage this community
- foundation staffing and tasks
- Provide a voice and stewardship to represent the end-user consumer in the community
- Coordinate a limited number of technical projects to improve the experience of end users
- Ensure the success of OpenStack by ensuring the platform delivers on the end-user promise of application portability and interoperability between OpenStack implementations.
How to Join
If you wish to participate in the activity, please email the organizers.
- Outreach to end-user community.
- Collect feedback and delineate OpenStack features/capabilities that are important to OpenStack end-users
- Collaborate with OpenStack Users/Operators to coordinate appropriate interaction channels between the broader OpenStack community and users of specific OpenStack product/service implementations
- Evan Scheessele's "User Land" blog: Calling all “User Landians” to lead OpenStack above the cloud