Cyborg (previously known as Nomad) is an OpenStack project that aims to provide a general purpose management framework for acceleration resources (i.e. various types of accelerators such as Crypto cards,GPU, FPGA, NVMe/NOF SSDs, ODP, DPDK/SPDK and so on).
Rocky Subteam Co-leads
- Release: Howard Huang, Zhuli
- Doc: Yumeng Bao
- Driver: Li Liu, Chuck Song
Rocky Community Goals
- Mutable Config: https://review.openstack.org/559303
- Mox/Mox3 Removal: TBD
Queens Development Trello Board
Pike/Queens Overall Design
- API-DB: https://review.openstack.org/445814
- Conductor-Agent: https://review.openstack.org/446091
- Generic Driver: https://review.openstack.org/447257
- Cyborg-Nova: https://review.openstack.org/448228, https://review.openstack.org/508572 (Queens Take 2)
- Sandbox: https://review.openstack.org/461220, https://review.openstack.org/444999
Pike/Queens Initial Architecture
Related Industry Efforts
Stanford DAWN Project:
- spatial (FPGA programming) : https://github.com/stanford-ppl/spatial-lang
- weld (ML IR) : https://github.com/weld-project/weld
USCD RIFFA Project:
Oak Ridge National Lab Quantum Computing Acceleration: https://ornl-qci.github.io/xacc/
Neuromorphic Computing: https://github.com/nengo/nengo
- Please refer to Meetings/CyborgTeamMeeting for meeting agenda and logistic info
- Please refer to Cyborg/Materials for additional materials regarding Cyborg.
- Please refer to Cyborg/MeetingLogs for meeting minutes archives.
- Please refer to Cyborg/FirstContact for local on-boarding meeting agenda and logistic info
How to contribute
- git clone https://git.openstack.org/openstack/cyborg
- Make the changes to your entry, be sure to include what’s changed and why
- Commit the change for review
- The changes will be reviewed, merged within a day or so.
Cyborg is designed to use the same tools for submission and review as other OpenStack projects. As such we follow the OpenStack development workflow. New contributors should follow the getting started steps before proceeding, as a Launchpad ID and signed contributor license are required to add new entries.
The Cyborg Launchpad page can be found at https://launchpad.net/openstack-cyborg.