Watcher mitaka mid-cycle meetup agenda
Watcher Mitaka Mid-Cycle Meetup
Date: February 2-4, 2016
Where: Austin, TX (IBM campus)
Address: IBM Austin - 11501 Burnet Road Austin, TX 78758
Registration page: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/watcher-mitaka-mid-cycle-developer-meetup-tickets-19885187130
- Joe Cropper (jwcroppe at us dot ibm dot com) -- IBM
- Taylor Peoples (tpeoples at us dot ibm dot com) -- IBM
- Antoine Cabot (antoine dot cabot at b-com dot com) -- b<>com
- Jean Emile Dartois (jean-emile dot dartois at b-com dot com) -- b<>com
- Susanne Balle (Susanne.Balle@intelcom, irc:sballe) -- Intel (Feb 3rd and 4th)
- Ed Leafe (ed at openstack.org, irc: edleafe) -- IBM (Feb 3)
Day 1 (9 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
- 9.30 a.m. - 11 a.m. : Watcher status for Mitaka-2 (blueprints, reviews, bugs stats)
- 11 a.m. - 12 a.m. : Review key use cases
- 12 a.m. - 1 p.m. : open discussions
- 1 p.m. - 3 p.m. : review priorities for Mitaka
- 3 p.m. - 4 p.m. : Ceilometer & Ceilosca integration
- 4 p.m. - 5 p.m : Watcher state machines
Day 2 (9 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
- 9 a.m. - 12 a.m. : Watcher data model and extensibility
- 12 a.m. - 1 p.m. : Watcher dashboard
- 1 p.m. - 3 p.m. : How to deal with Nova scheduler ? (SLA, constraints,...)
- 3 p.m. - 5 p.m. : Online optimization triggers
Day 3 (9 a.m. - 2 p.m.)
- 9.30 a.m. - 11 a.m. : Profiling & data processing with Watcher
- 11 a.m. - 12 a.m. : Sync with other projects (Cloudwave, TAP...)
- 12 a.m. - 1 p.m. : Hands on Lab for Austin summit
- 1 p.m. - 2 p.m. : sum-up and action reviews
- Austin, TX has an airport (AUS) that folks can fly into that has close proximity to the meetup location
- Several rental car options available at airport (e.g., Hertz)
- Uber and Lyft are readily available throughout Austin if you prefer to not get a rental car
- It is about a 30-minute car ride from the AUS airport to the IBM campus; here are directions
- Depart ABIA crossing under TX-71 [Bastrop Hwy].
- Turning LEFT (West) onto TX-71 W [Bastrop Hwy] approx. 2 miles.
- Take RIGHT fork (North) onto US-183 [Research Blvd.].
- Continue (North) on US-183 approx. 13 miles exiting at Burnet Rd.
- Turn RIGHT onto Burnet Rd. and continue approx. 2 miles.
- Turn RIGHT into the entrance marked Executive Briefing Center on Palm Dr. The entrance to the building is located in front of the fountain, Bldg. 904.
- Once at the IBM Austin 900 building complex
- Every day, enter Bldg. 904 and see the receptionist/security desk and let them know you're here for the Watcher mid-cycle meetup
- You will be checked in and escorted to the mid-cycle meeting location (in Bldg. 901 on the 7th floor in room 7B006)
- There are no special hotel discount rates for the meetup
- There are a number of hotels within close proximity to the IBM Austin campus; anything in the "Arboretum" is a very close drive and anything in the "Domain" is walk-able to IBM
- Some folks are staying at the Hilton Garden Inn NW / Arboretum (11617 Research Boulevard)
- Organizer: Joe Cropper (jwcroppe on IRC; jwcroppe at us dot ibm dot com)