Description: The objective of the Upgrade SIG is to improve the upgrade process for OpenStack Clouds, covering both offline 'fast-forward' upgrades and online 'rolling' upgrades.
Participation: Please feel free to add your contact information in the below Interested Members section if you are interested in participating or SIG Leads section if you are interested in helping run this SIG.
- Build a cross-community team with a focus on OpenStack upgrades.
- Provide a forum for discussion of upgrade challenges and approaches between operators and developers.
- Provide a forum for deployment tool projects to provide upgrades and collaborate on approaches and tools.
- Operators and developers interested in documenting and improving the upgrade experience for OpenStack Clouds.
- Lujin Luo
- Lee Yarwood (TripleO)
- James Page (OpenStack Charms)
* Fast Forward Upgrades Wiki: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Fast_forward_upgrades
- Mailing list: http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-sigs; [upgrade] for the tag
- IRC: #openstack-upgrade
- List of IRC nicks to ping at the start of the upgrade meeting:
* Every two weeks (on odd weeks) on Tuesday at 0900 UTC in #openstack-meeting-4 * Every two weeks (on even weeks) on Tuesday at 1600 UTC in #openstack-meeting-4
- OpenStack Charms
- OpenStack Ansible
- Andrew Yongjoon Kong
I'm is now Cloud part lead at Kakao. Prior to joining kakao, I developed a lots of cloud and big data service for Korean Telecommunication companies. Now Me and My team is responsible for designing and developing highly scalable, geographically distributed infrastructure and platforms to meet the unique requirement from developers based on openstack and kubernetes. We've been upgraded from grizzly to newton. We currently operate more than 20 thousand VM. We want to share the detail art of upgrades
- Paul Bourke (pbourke)
- Jorge Niedbalski (niedbalski) - (Linaro)
- Jean-Philippe Evrard (evrardjp)