Monitoring as a Service
An OpenStack related project designed to provide highly available, scalable and flexible monitoring for OpenStack.
Surveil will try to solve the needs mentioned in the Monitoring as a Service blueprint
Key Project Tenets
- Collaborative open design
- Open source under Apache 2.0 just like OpenStack.
- Simple governance model that mirrors existing OpenStack projects.
- Code hosted on OpenStack with StackForge.
OpenStack Native Design
- Leverage existing OpenStack projects (Heat, Nova, Glance, Keystone, Neutron, Trove, etc.)
- Leverage existing Open Source projects (Shinken, Riemann, InfluxDB, Adagios, Grafana)
- Shinken is a monitoring framework. It's a Python Nagios® Core total rewrite enhancing flexibility and large environment management.
- Adagios Adagios is a web based Nagios configuration interface built to be simple and intuitive in design.
- Riemann is an event stream processor.
- InfluxDB is an open-source distributed time series database with no external dependencies.
We use IRC at #surveil on freenode for development discussion.